1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
440 Posts
Yes, I installed one with standard height based on my good experience with Vstream special edition on my previous GL1832 2013 Airbag, which was on bike for 5 years and 80.000 miles and still in very good condition when traded to my current GL1833 2018 Airbag. The version for GL1833 2018+ is wider on top the standard Honda version, but I think because of the different mounting then on my previous GL does some vibration on the edges. Gives good wind protection and sheds the rain also better then OEM.

Reactions: Goldwing-Tour

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I installed one with standard height based on my good experience with Vstream special edition on my previous GL1832 2013 Airbag, which was on bike for 5 years and 80.000 miles and still in very good condition when traded to my current GL1833 2018 Airbag. The version for GL1833 2018+ is wider on top the standard Honda version, but I think because of the different mounting then on my previous GL does some vibration on the edges. Gives good wind protection and sheds the rain also better then OEM.

Thanks. At what speed do you notice the vibration on the edges?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Probably any speed/rpm. But it is not heavy and only at the widened edges and I really does not effect visability and I even do not notice anymore. Probably have done about 12000 miles since the VStream was installed.

Reactions: Goldwing-Tour

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I installed one at Americade last year. 80mph, directly behind a semi trailer, with screen in full up and towing my Bushtec, solid as a rock.

I have issues with some screens 'warping' my vision. No issues with the V-Stream and my vision.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Happy with V-Stream on 1833

I too recently installed the Standard V-Stream and immediately took a 1,400 mi tour. I noticed that it compares comparably in overall size to the OEM windshield. I thought I wanted better wind protection on my arms and shoulders, however I ride more in hot weather and appreciate this ventilation after all. The V-Stream is quite narrow mid to bottom with wider "ears" at the top. Like the V-Stream for my 2007 GW it throws the air a few inches higher than helmet to minimize wind noise and helmet buffeting, while importantly still allows me to look over the top of the shield to view the road. Plus only a few bugs managed to zero in on that narrow strip above shield but under face shield. It does vibrate a bit on the ears at the side at highway speed, but center did not so didn't bother me. Haven't experienced rain yet. Big plus also is the safety aspect of much better object penetration vs likely shattering of OEM, as well as much better scratch protection. Overall very happy with it.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I too recently installed the Standard V-Stream and immediately took a 1,400 mi tour. I noticed that it compares comparably in overall size to the OEM windshield. I thought I wanted better wind protection on my arms and shoulders, however I ride more in hot weather and appreciate this ventilation after all. The V-Stream is quite narrow mid to bottom with wider "ears" at the top. Like the V-Stream for my 2007 GW it throws the air a few inches higher than helmet to minimize wind noise and helmet buffeting, while importantly still allows me to look over the top of the shield to view the road. Plus only a few bugs managed to zero in on that narrow strip above shield but under face shield. It does vibrate a bit on the ears at the side at highway speed, but center did not so didn't bother me. Haven't experienced rain yet. Big plus also is the safety aspect of much better object penetration vs likely shattering of OEM, as well as much better scratch protection. Overall very happy with it.

So do you get air hitting your shoulders? I understand that because you're in Redding you want air. My brother brother lived there for 10 years and in the summer it was HOT! But I' m looking for more wind protection vs the OEM shield.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts