GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my stock windshield vandalized and need a new one, I was looking at the V Stream Windshield put out by National Cycle . Has anyone out there used the product,is it worth the bucks or should I go for something else. I have a 2008 wing in need.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
There was a thread on it last month or so and plenty of opinions on it was given. Do a search on V-Stream and see what was said. I've been looking at it also.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
As a Vstream owner, my wife & I like it. She seems to think there's a little less wind buffeting. I can't tell any difference my self. It is a little wider, & a little taller. There is some slight flexing, in strong winds, or when following an 18 wheeler. It seems to be real easy to clean, although we haven't had many bugs yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ruined Windshield

Went in to work early, when I went out to go on a call, someone trashed the shield with a sharp object the deep scratches are too deep to rub out and all my attempts have only made it worse so the oem has to go.
I did go to the other post about the V Stream and found alot of different opinions. I am concerned abit about the flexing as I tend to ride alot at the speeds the flexing occurs, that is probably the only thing that would stop me from purchasing. I really appreciate being directed to the post .;)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Cheap, distorted, flexes too much, does not reduce buffeting; I sent mine back and ordered the F4+4 and it's fantastic! Paper towels and windex, no worry of scratches. I would recommend the non-vented version which ever one you buy.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Cheap, distorted, flexes too much, does not reduce buffeting; I sent mine back and ordered the F4+4 and it's fantastic! Paper towels and windex, no worry of scratches. I would recommend the non-vented version which ever one you buy.
Why don't you like the vent?? I have a vent and it lets a lot of air through on a hot day and closes up tight on a cold day. Just curious.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I disagree completly. I have had it on for about a month now and really like it and the wife says she noticed a big difference. Easy to clean and I like the fact its polycarbonite.:thumbup: And it looks cool also.
Kurt

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I have one...really haven't put many miles on it yet. It doesn't compare to the Windbender I had to eliminate buffeting but it's still an improvement over the stock windshield.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Not impressed with the V Stream

I recently bought the VStream windshield and am not impressed. The flex can be minimized by keeping it all the way down, but I am 6'4" and in the down position it is too short. In the up position at highway speeds it moves like a flag in the wind. I was ok with the standard Honda windshield except for the height, will probably look at either a stock Honda tall shield or F4 +4; but I would want to see the F4 before I put out that much money.

just my $0.02

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have it, I like it, much better than the original shield, Goldwing look nice with it and no problem over 130 mph, it works very well

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Put one on for the ride to Kerrville.....
after about 1500 miles (much of it at 73-75) both I and the wife like it.
I like the vent so much I will not put the Windbender back on.
Nah gayrider.......popcorn butter don't hurt it none......
really makes the rain drops bead up. :roll:
but the salt....
that's another story. :lol:

·
Registered
657 Posts
I would be worried about who is trashing your windshield at work...could happen again even with a different type windshield.

Dennis

75 dtg Dubai
76 dtg Home

·
Registered
179 Posts
Had the V Stream on. Took it off ,sent it back .Like you I travel at speeds it flexed way too much.Flutters in the wind when you pass a 18 wheeler.F4 is what I have on now very pleased with it.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
I got mine installed a few weeks ago and was able to get out for about 250 miles on Tuesday. I don't understand all the comments about flexing as this is not an issue with the one that I installed -- doesn't seem to flex much more than the stock one does, maybe just a little. I guess I'm used to this the flexing is about the same as the movement of the windshield on my FJR. Looks good -- feels good. So I am happy thus far.

A lot dependings upon how one uses it. I am 6' 2" and absolutely do not like looking through a windshield and run a standard (stock and V-Stream) so that I look over the top going down the road -- normally two clicks up on the adjustment. A windshield is a very personal things and really varies depending upon the desires of the rider -- similar to seats, handlebar positions, suspension, tires, and crush washers!

·
Registered
111 Posts
V Stream

I recently bought the VStream windshield and am not impressed. The flex can be minimized by keeping it all the way down, but I am 6'4" and in the down position it is too short. In the up position at highway speeds it moves like a flag in the wind. I was ok with the standard Honda windshield except for the height, will probably look at either a stock Honda tall shield or F4 +4; but I would want to see the F4 before I put out that much money.

just my $0.02
Do you still have the V Stream? If so, are you interested in selling it?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts