GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the new v stream windshield. I have the tulsa and i would like to see over it again and also take some of the wind off of the wife. I have looked at winbender ?? and f4 and could use some help on this one. Many thanks in advance dale lambeth carthage missouri

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
I replace our Tulsa X-Tall with the VStream some time ago. Do a search on it and you will find a lot of input.

For us the Wife likes it much better than the Tulsa and I can see over it if I want. In the top position it is just right for me to either look over or under as needed.

One key factor is to be sure all of the rubber tabs are in place on the Honda hardware to keep whatever windshield you choose in place. If some of those rubber pads are missing you may have problems with slippage. A couple of the posters here have some very negative responses to the VStream and I suspect they have lost some of those rubber pads or they simply slipped away from where they need to be.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks jerry that is what i wanted someone that switched from a tulsa dale

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I bought one, it's in the box and going on the bike Mon. Can't ride for a bit due to a health issue but will report when I do. I have the Tulsa Tall, bought it used to see if I'd like it and I will be trying the V.

·
Registered
757 Posts
My '07 that I purchased not too long ago came with a Tulsa tall. It looked hideous, and since I'm only 5'9", I decided to go with the "regular" V-Stream, not the thicker one. Last night was my first chance to try out the V-Stream...and I gotta say thumbs down, way down. That thing was buffeting all over the place (at highway speeds)! lol It looks a lot better though!

Not sure what I'm gonna do now. Guess i should have shelled out the $335 for the thicker V-Stream, although any "regular" shield really shouldn't flex that much, IMHO.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I understand where you are coming from, I have the thick V Stream & it is OK. I like the fact that it is easy to clean & won't break very easy. As far as the buffeting is concerned I think we can only compare to what we have had. I do not like the looks of the Tulsa tall but I can not imagine any windshield that would stop the buffeting any better, a + 4 might be as good, I don't know, I have not had either one. I have had the OE, the Memphis Shade, & the Clearveiw which is 3" wider then stock. I think the V-Stream & the Clearveiw are about the same when it comes to buffeting, both much better then OE. JMHO :thumbup:

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
Here is some more info from another thread . . . read on! :thumbup: V Stream SE

·
Registered
967 Posts
My '07 that I purchased not too long ago came with a Tulsa tall. It looked hideous, and since I'm only 5'9", I decided to go with the "regular" V-Stream, not the thicker one. Last night was my first chance to try out the V-Stream...and I gotta say thumbs down, way down. That thing was buffeting all over the place (at highway speeds)! lol It looks a lot better though!

Not sure what I'm gonna do now. Guess i should have shelled out the $335 for the thicker V-Stream, although any "regular" shield really shouldn't flex that much, IMHO.

I got less buffeting than the OEM shield with my V-Stream SE. There are so many factors that go into what creates buffeting there's no way to tell what your situation is without being right there with you.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Maybe you can sell your standard V-Stream to someone like me that never looks thru the shield. I have never been bothered by windshield movement and I like both the look and the increased wind protection. Wife much prefers it to OEM as well.

In fact, I'll be happy to pay shipping if you don't want it laying around. Just toss it back in the box and sent it.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I have always used X-Tall Tulsa's (with vent).

Last year I ordered a New V-Stream x-tall with vent.
I put it on as high as it went and took it for a ride. I was looking through the vent.
Had my wife go with me for a test ride and she didn't care for it, stating that she felt more wind.

I took it off and sold it.

I'm going to order and try a F-4 x-tall with vent.
I rode my friends trike with one and really liked it.

I'll see what happens when I have one on mine.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I have always used X-Tall Tulsa's (with vent).

Last year I ordered a New V-Stream x-tall with vent.

This is odd. V-Stream only has one height for the GL1800. I would like one 2 inches taller.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I had the standard V stream but I didn't care for the movement of the thing in different conditions,I've been through the Windbender and the F4+2 since,THE WB worked okay at lower speeds but killed my rider an higher speeds and I just didn't care for the style of it.The F4 seemed the same as stock in all respects except flexing. I went to the the V stream SE,no buffeting,some wind and quiet depending which height I have it set and no flex its as solid as a rock. I had mirror and lower wings for all the windshields and did a lot of miles with them except the F4.I'm 6'0 with a 31" inseam and was using a stock height seat.Hope this helps.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts