GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread started regarding Va inspection stickers but now has the possible beginnings of a gathering. These things have to start somewhere and think it would be great to meet other Va riders, take some rides, and just have a fantastic time. Anyone interested in making something happen this year in the Skyline BRP area?

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?439969-Virgina-Inspection

·
Registered
264 Posts
I would be interested, there are enough of us, and we are fairly close to each other and could have several rides a year.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Sounds like a great idea! I'm just outside of Charlottesville.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Always up for a little Sunday ride anywhere except east of where I live, which is 25 miles due west of D.C.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I'm game as long as I'm not working

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
Post up a date, time and location and lets see who can make it. Several of us here do shift work and may or may not be off. Nothing will ever get done if you don't post a date.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Va Ride

Okay, I'll start this off with a proposal of the weekend of 12/13 July. This should give everyone time to make arrangements for work schedules. The time and place will have to be worked out for a central location if possible, once we know who is riding. I live in Keysville, central Va south of Richmond.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Okay, I'll start this off with a proposal of the weekend of 12/13 July. This should give everyone time to make arrangements for work schedules. The time and place will have to be worked out for a central location if possible, once we know who is riding. I live in Keysville, central Va south of Richmond.
Trailboss, if it wasn't for the fact that I will be touring Yellowstone NP, I would be down for this meet and greet. Maybe next time. Have fun!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Trailboss, if it wasn't for the fact that I will be touring Yellowstone NP, I would be down for this meet and greet. Maybe next time. Have fun!
DJ, you are always going on some of best sounding trips. Am hoping that someday the wife and I can do the same. Enjoy your self and be careful.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I'll be on the way home from Mt Rushmore

·
Registered
357 Posts
DJ, you are always going on some of best sounding trips. Am hoping that someday the wife and I can do the same. Enjoy your self and be careful.
Thanks for the well wishes. I like the great outdoors and plan to visit a few national parks on this trip (Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Capital Reef, Bryce Canyon, Zion, Mesa Verde, Gunnison and the north rim of the Grand Canyon).

Maybe the VA group can plan a weekend road trip this year (Smokey Mountains, WV or the Bourbon Trail).

·
Registered
264 Posts
The July 12/13 dates work for me, so far. I'm in Fork Union, between Charlottesville and Richmond.

Jay
This is not looking very productive. It may be just the two of us, as the date gets closer we'll make better arrangements, I prefer to ride on Saturdays, altho either is fine with me. My wife always rides with me, so feel free to bring your SO.
Mike

·
Registered
827 Posts
Count me in. I rode to Scottsville about three weeks ago to eat lunch. Tavern on the James is a nice place to eat. I'll keep checking back to see what happens.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I'm out, will be at my Fire Station in Fairfax on the 12th from 0700 to 0700 on the 13th. I hope it get a good showing.
That's a B shift day. I would have been working too if I wasn't on vacation already.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My calendar is open that weekend coming out of Manassas, VA. The wife also rides with me.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts