GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
This might turn into a good ride. Since I started this, let's settle on the 12th as the date. Do we want to meet for lunch or meet for a ride and then eat lunch? I am up for either one, will try to pick a central location for the meet,Old Fred is coming from NC that might be tough for a central location. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I will be willing to just meet there. Or I could meet Sgt. on the way up. Might be a good idea to start a new thread. Also put it on the states bordering VA. I can put it on the NC page if needed.
Old Fred

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
This might turn into a good ride. Since I started this, let's settle on the 12th as the date. Do we want to meet for lunch or meet for a ride and then eat lunch? I am up for either one, will try to pick a central location for the meet,Old Fred is coming from NC that might be tough for a central location. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Maybe set a time and place to meet for lunch. That way depending on how far away you are you can get to the meeting place on time without having to leave real early. Those in the same geographic area can meet up earlier and ride in together.

·
Registered
126 Posts
VA Gathering

I would love to get together but 11-12 JUL doesnt work for me. I think there should be enough interest from this distinguished group to have multiple gatherings throughout the year. After all, we have one of the best states on the eastern seaboard to ride in.

·
Registered
264 Posts
So how about meeting in Gordonsville, at the BBQ Exchange for lunch between 12:00-12:30 on the 12th. After lunch we can go for a ride if some of the "locals" know a good route, plus we can talk about the next meet if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
784 Posts
So how about meeting in Gordonsville, at the BBQ Exchange for lunch between 12:00-12:30 on the 12th. After lunch we can go for a ride if some of the "locals" know a good route, plus we can talk about the next meet if anyone is interested.
Great place to eat.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Hope to be there as well :yes1:

·
Registered
903 Posts
I'm a definite maybe!!
See where people are coming from- and a short local ride route can be arranged if there's interest. B.

·
Registered
73 Posts
OK, I've penciled in the 12th on my calendar, for Gordonsville at noon-ish. I seem to remember a BBQ place on Route 15 on the south end of town, right where the truck bypass reconnects to Rt. 15. Is that the place?

Jay

·
Registered
264 Posts
OK, I've penciled in the 12th on my calendar, for Gordonsville at noon-ish. I seem to remember a BBQ place on Route 15 on the south end of town, right where the truck bypass reconnects to Rt. 15. Is that the place?

Jay
That is the place, in the curve on the right. i will probably be coming through your place at about 1130, in case you want to meet up and ride to Gordonsville together.

·
Registered
73 Posts
That is the place, in the curve on the right. i will probably be coming through your place at about 1130, in case you want to meet up and ride to Gordonsville together.
Sounds like a plan. There is a BP gas station on Route 15, a mile or two north of the James River. We could meet there.

Jay

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Jay,

I'd imagine that you would be passing the EW's grocery store at the intersection of 15 and 53 in Palmyra. I can be waiting in EW's parking lot up on the hill.
Finally get a chance to meet you and the other locals. :thumbup:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Jay,

I'd imagine that you would be passing the EW's grocery store at the intersection of 15 and 53 in Palmyra. I can be waiting in EW's parking lot up on the hill.
Finally get a chance to meet you and the other locals. :thumbup:
Rich,
Good plan. See you there.
Jay

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Wife and I will be there. Afterwards I figure we will run accross 33 to Sugar Grove WV then up Moyers Gap road to Reddish Knob. One of the highest points in the area and a full 360 degree view. Excellent roads the whole way there except for the last two or three miles to get up to the knob. That part runs along the ridgeback and can get a bit challenging, but well worth the trip. Right at 100 miles there. Anyone else interested?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Wife and I will be there. Afterwards I figure we will run accross 33 to Sugar Grove WV then up Moyers Gap road to Reddish Knob. One of the highest points in the area and a full 360 degree view. Excellent roads the whole way there except for the last two or three miles to get up to the knob. That part runs along the ridgeback and can get a bit challenging, but well worth the trip. Right at 100 miles there. Anyone else interested?
My wife and I will be interested.

·
Registered
73 Posts
BBQ Exchange

Did some re-con on the BBQ joint today. The wife and I stopped there for lunch on the way back from Orange. FYI... The parking lot is not motorcycle friendly...gravel and uphill. We parked the wing in the funeral home parking lot across the street. The eats were good, and they had the USA vs Germany soccer match playing on the TVs. (no score when we left)

Jay

·
Registered
784 Posts
There's a mc shop there too with some parking

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 60 Posts