GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just alittle update.

Stayed in a cabin in Colter bay last night. We left late and rode into Jackson Hole for supper and of course the Million Dollor bar. It was by design that we would head back after dark in hopes of seeing a bear or moose. No luck but we do have alot of land yet to cover.

Today we left Colter Bay and rode to Boise idaho. We took 26 and 20 among other rds. It took us through the Arco desert through all the nuclear stuff and through the Crater of the Moons. It was an uneventfull ride but sure was different as I always figure Idaho to be mountains and not a part desert.

Hit a high of 99 during the day and that has us rethinking about Vegas after California. A lady here said she just left Vegas and it was a 110 at 9am:eek:4:

Been talking about going to Banff after seeing all the big trees but thinking time might be against the couple we are with.

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Arco desert now that's someplace I want to go. I seen pix of the area and wanted to go there ever since:thumbup:110 degrees at 9am :eek:4: that's just plain wrong. Keep having a great time and I am going to want to see pix when you get back:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
If you are talking about Banff, Alberta we rode thru from there to Jasper on our way to Alaska and the mountians were AWESOME!

·
Crazy Northerner
8,628 Posts
110 degrees??? Good thing your Chee is adjusted for the heat.....lol

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
110 degrees??? Good thing your Chee is adjusted for the heat.....lol
I guess!! Everyone else in the rack I just got done in the fitness room.

But it is hot for sure I did not fare to well the first day of the heat!!!!!

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you are talking about Banff, Alberta we rode thru from there to Jasper on our way to Alaska and the mountians were AWESOME!
Yes, been on the rode to the sun but have our passports with us so going to Banff is an option. We are making that decision when we are in northern California.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Arco desert now that's someplace I want to go. I seen pix of the area and wanted to go there ever since:thumbup:110 degrees at 9am :eek:4: that's just plain wrong. Keep having a great time and I am going to want to see pix when you get back:thumbup:
Not so many pics but alot of vid from the VHold HD.

Had to do a little civil disobedience today. Running up the mountain pass at 70 and had two Harleys pass us just at the top.

Well after we started back down and they were getting away I had to do it. Yes it was a severe triple didget speed but I caught them just to let them know they were not all that fast. Of course we are two up and pulling a trl but Black Beauty let them know we were in the game!!!!!!

So after my wife threw her hissy and our friends caught up and a new high speed was set on the GPS at least I felt better:thumbup:

·
Registered
551 Posts
QUOTE---So after my wife threw her hissy and our friends caught up and a new high speed was set on the GPS at least I felt better:thumbup:

As many people say,
"It's only an old man's bike if you ride it like one"

Enjoy your ride, and keep us updated.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
So after my wife threw her hissy . . . .

Are you skeered of lil ole Sarah?

Chicken Droppings . . . . . .

:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Not so many pics but alot of vid from the VHold HD.

Had to do a little civil disobedience today. Running up the mountain pass at 70 and had two Harleys pass us just at the top.

Well after we started back down and they were getting away I had to do it. Yes it was a severe triple didget speed but I caught them just to let them know they were not all that fast. Of course we are two up and pulling a trl but Black Beauty let them know we were in the game!!!!!!

So after my wife threw her hissy and our friends caught up and a new high speed was set on the GPS at least I felt better:thumbup:
Vidieos work for me too:thumbup: blowing Harleys away is good for your health except hard on your ears( wife) been there and I feel for ya ;)

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
what, you guys don't know where the icom button is?

sheesh!!!

:shrug:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Everytime I think about putting the com set in my wife's helmet you fellows make me happy I haven't. I can usually hear her all to well without the intercom. That fist between the shoulder blades or upside the ear is usually strong enough communications. :lol:

·
Registered
21,025 Posts
2 up pulling trailer and racing Harleys, all u need now is a car tire !!! :joke:

sounds like a great vacation :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Everytime I think about putting the com set in my wife's helmet you fellows make me happy I haven't. I can usually hear her all to well without the intercom. That fist between the shoulder blades or upside the ear is usually strong enough communications. :lol:
Consider yourself lucky, I get it in the kidneys :wrong:

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ended up in Bend Oregon tonight. Ran Hwy 26 most of the day andhad some interesting scenery.

Ate supper at a place called Baldy's BBQ don't know why but everyone thought I should buy the T Shirt:shrug:

Ended the first week with 2,654 miles/smiles:thumbup:

·
Crazy Northerner
8,628 Posts
Ate supper at a place called Baldy's BBQ don't know why but everyone thought I should buy the T Shirt:shrug:
Maybe because you like BBQ so much?????

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
So old Johnny2kold was racing, two up, and pulling a trailer

I do hereby dub thee.... JOHN211....... , for his exploits

It is a high honor in the tradition of the famous in his own mind, CHUCH211

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So old Johnny2kold was racing, two up, and pulling a trailer

I do hereby dub thee.... JOHN211....... , for his exploits

It is a high honor in the tradition of the famous in his own mind, CHUCH211

Thank's loren!!!!!!!;) Always nice to receive an honor:shrug:

You have a PM

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rode through the Red Wood forrest on Sun. Those are some ausome trees. Took the Red Wood Hwy and also took the side portion I think the valley of the giants? And who called other than Cycledude!!!!! Never expected the PH to work where we were at it was pretty neat!!!!! Call anytime Mike!!!!!!

Did a long stretch of the Pacific Coast Hwy today. I don't know why I have not done it sooner it was great!!!!!!!

We stopped at an overlook and saw several Sea Lions, that was neat.

Spending the night in Lodi CA and off to Yosemete in the morn. We got a PH message that Hwy 140 I think is closed due to fire so we will see what that is all about. Staying in the park tomorrow night.

You guys play nice and Goldwing Kevein keep the fluid intake up!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
21,025 Posts
wow what a coincidence that was to call exactly when u were riding through the redwoods ! yup the phone worked great ! if u had not told me u were riding i would have not have known ! the Redwood forest is truely amazing ! i have been there a couple of times myself, hopefully will get out there again someday :thumbup:

Rode through the Red Wood forrest on Sun. Those are some ausome trees. Took the Red Wood Hwy and also took the side portion I think the valley of the giants? And who called other than Cycledude!!!!! Never expected the PH to work where we were at it was pretty neat!!!!! Call anytime Mike!!!!!!

Did a long stretch of the Pacific Coast Hwy today. I don't know why I have not done it sooner it was great!!!!!!!

We stopped at an overlook and saw several Sea Lions, that was neat.

Spending the night in Lodi CA and off to Yosemete in the morn. We got a PH message that Hwy 140 I think is closed due to fire so we will see what that is all about. Staying in the park tomorrow night.

You guys play nice and Goldwing Kevein keep the fluid intake up!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts