GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, trying to get an opinion on a fair value for a 2005 blue anniversary edition GL1800. Has some slight cosmetic damage, Muth mirrors and a few little trinkets added. Would also include a 2007 Turtle Hull cargo trailer (black) with some scratches on it.

I was thinking in the range of $9000-$10000 for both.... to low?
We may be about to have to drastically change our lifestyle and the amount of money we have will be severly limited, so just trying to get an idea on planning ahead.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Give us some more information: miles, tires, trailer etc.

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
I traded in my 2005 last year on a 2010. Mine had 130,000 miles and the dealer gave me 9000 trade on it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Give us some more information: miles, tires, trailer etc.
Kuhmo RF on back with about 8000 miles, G709 with about 4100 on front. Trailer has only about 2400 miles on it and the Turtle Hull is a 14 cu. ft. fiberglass handlaid body trailer (http://turtlehulltrailers.com/).
I paid right at $3000 for the trailer alone.
It's a bummer, but things happen and kids turn out bad after being given to much (everthing they wanted). Seems like when the milk teat does get cut off they get vindictive.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I have an '05 that I bought last year with only 643 miles. I bought it for $14,500 and some on here thought I paid too much. I still don't think so.

If you're going to trade it, it doesn't matter what we think. Go into a couple of dealers... Honda, Harley, etc.

If you're looking to sell it privately, I want to know about your "cosmetic" damage and "scratches" on the trailer... what is it, how'd you do it, how extensive, etc.

Off the top of my head, you're too low, but it sounds like you'd want to sell very quickly and if that's the case, price accordingly.

·
Registered
387 Posts
tdperry, sorry to hear about the situation with your kids. I think we baby boomers raised a generation of parasites. I'm not saying ALL of our offspring are like that, but a large percentage are. What was originally given to minors as parental love and support becomes an expectation from them as adults, and "no" becomes a fighting word.

Stand your ground and tell them to take a hike.

I sure hope you aren't forced into selling your Wing and trailer. I think your asking price is too low. Also, more specific info and pics would help answer your question about pricing.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I didn't see a mileage on the bike. Also would like to know more about cosmetic damage.

That said, if bike is anywhere near "normal" condition, then i think you are way low on your price for the combination.

Look through Cycle Trader and other "for sale" sites for similar bikes and it should give you a good ballpark figure to work with.

Good luck and sorry you're having to go through this. I can relate.

·
Registered
673 Posts
tdperry
Do a search on www. traderonline.com Should give you a idea what every one else is asking for thier bikes. of that year and model
good luck
thomas

·
Registered
674 Posts
it is only worth whatever someone will pay for it....

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Your price sounds very low to me. I'd ask $13000 for the bike and add another $1500 for the trailer. Package price of $14000 for both. By all means don't advertise that you "must sell" or you'll be besieged by sharks.

Good luck with your situation!

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I have an '05 that I bought last year with only 643 miles. I bought it for $14,500 and some on here thought I paid too much. I still don't think so.
I guess there's an attraction/novelty to a 4-5 yr old bike with such low miles. Still, it's 5 YEARS OLD. "Some" thought you paid too much? Did anyone (besides yourself and of course the seller) REALLY think you paid a fair price??

I bought a new '06 for $15.5, and just 4 months ago bought an '08 Nav/ABS with 2k miles for $14k.

OK, back to the OP's issue. It sounds like you might be able to get a little more money that what you're thinking now. Fact is though that most potential buyers are looking for bargains, and by that I'm talking about wholesale prices or even a little less. If you initially ask too much you won't even get a nibble. For example, the '08 I mentioned above..I bought it because it was such a great deal. I wasn't looking for another Goldwing, but this was too good to pass up.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I didn't see a mileage on the bike. Also would like to know more about cosmetic damage.

That said, if bike is anywhere near "normal" condition, then i think you are way low on your price for the combination.

Look through Cycle Trader and other "for sale" sites for similar bikes and it should give you a good ballpark figure to work with.

Good luck and sorry you're having to go through this. I can relate.
The cosmetic damage consists of a scratch on the right hand mirror housing where she was dropped and the mirror bshattered. It also scratched the lens of the turn signal. Of course, the windshield has the typical scratches on it from riding it. Bike has a little over 32000 miles on the clock and oil changed every 3000 with Mobil 1 until most recently when went to Rotella since it was what I had a lot of. Has the bushmaster v2 hitch on it. Most of the other stuff (backrest, etc) I don't even count into the price because most folks will change it and I don't expect to get anything extra for it.
The trailer has the typical slight scratches on the lid and the aftermarket tail lights I put on are not perfectly aligned, but anybody that can handle fiberglass could totally glass in the holes and redo it.
Specs on the trailer are:

Specifications

Exterior Dimensions
  • Frame -- Welded square steel tubing (powder coated)
  • Body and fenders -- Gel coat and hand layed fiberglass
  • Overall Length -- 84" (7')
  • Overall Width -- 42.5"
  • Weight (Empty) -- 150 Lbs
Interior Dimensions
  • Interior Length -- 42.5"
  • Interior Width -- 30.5"
  • Height (lowest point) -- 7.5"
  • Height (highest point) -- 12.5"
Cargo Capacity
  • Weight Capacity -- 300 Lbs
  • Cargo Capacity -- 14.0 Cu. Ft.
Standard Features

• Color Match Paint (standard colors)
  • Chrome Tongue & Coupler
  • Torsion Axle
  • 12" Chrome Wheels
  • Rock Guard (bra)
  • Side Marker Lights
  • Spoiler with LED Brake Light
  • Carpeted Cargo Area
Available Options

• Custom Paint Available (price on request)
  • Cooler Rack & Cooler -- $100.00
  • Aluminium Mag Wheels -- $200.00
  • Chrome Bumper -- $150.00

It has none of the options on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts