GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I presently have 36k miles on my '02 Wing. I am told that I need a valve check done. I don't think that I am capable to do it and don't trust Honda mechanics to do it without screwing it up and overcharging. Would anyone de interested in doing a demonstration of the process at Cats Cade. They can use my bike as a demo.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Lefty,

You might want to contact Bulldog personally on this. It will have to be set up by him and only him.

If I remember correctly last year there was an idea similar to what you are asking. It would take a lot of time like doing the valves and the tools and all would have made it very difficult. Besides if you need one or more valve clearances changed you probably would not have the correct shims to do it.

Ross

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,757 Posts
I think it would be a good time watching a valve check or adjustment...especially if it's raining :lol:

·
Banned
96 Posts
hello all, can anybody give me information on CATS CADE, i here about quite a bit, but i dont know anything about it ?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Another thought that comes to mind is the purchase of Fred Harmons videos. They will surely help you to do this task yourself.
I have used them with much success and they will truly 'pay' for themselves in no time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts