GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can you get valve shim kit and what do you get like how many shims. I tryed to find them with our sponser Hal but did not find them.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I bought a Hotcams kit on Ebay and was really glad I had it when I did my valves. It gives you lots of shims and if you miscalculate the replacement shim you have all the shims you need. The really smart guys calculate what shims they need and buy only those from the dealer, but this kit allows you to make an error and not have to run back to the dealer. For $60.00 (approx.) it was worth it to me. I also told a couple buddies, I would let them use my kit if they were going to do their valves.

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
Where can you get valve shim kit and what do you get like how many shims. I tryed to find them with our sponser Hal but did not find them.
Hal has them all in .025 increments on the miclr fisch pages.

http://www.hdlparts.com/fiche_secti...ry=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=2002&fveh=3498

Look for item #11 on the reference diagram

I have a double kit of the ones from HotCams (be careful how you search for that, especially if the little woman is around). The HotCam ones come in .050 increments, but I have gotten along just fine with them.

prs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts