GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to change my valve stem and mount my tire soon.

So two quick questions:
1. Is this a good valve stem? http://patchboy.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?

2. Are they only sold on this site or would a motorcycle shop carry them?
Thanks,

Dale

·
Registered
478 Posts
I got mine from patchboy,but took sometime to get them. Rocky was kind enough to send me one so I wouldn't have to wait for them. I can send you one if you need it right away.

John

·
Registered
144 Posts
I went with this one from Patchboy. Got them real quick too. They look good and I haven't had any problems putting putting air in the tires. Also it is a a piece of cake putting in Dynabeads with this stem.

hoverlover

Valve-stem.jpg

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
I use the Patchboy 90deg chrome ones. Patchboy sells them for less than $2 but charges high shipping cost. I bought 10 and sold 6 to cover my shipping cost.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got mine from patchboy,but took sometime to get them. Rocky was kind enough to send me one so I wouldn't have to wait for them. I can send you one if you need it right away.

John
John,
Thank you for the offer but like you Wi, my weather here in Boston is such that I will not need it for a few months.
Dale

I went with this one from Patchboy. Got them real quick too. They look good and I haven't had any problems putting putting air in the tires. Also it is a a piece of cake putting in Dynabeads with this stem.
hoverlover
View attachment 399
Hoverlover
Any trouble getting a gas station air hose on that?
Thanks,
Dale
PS I flew on many helicopters in the Marine's but autorotations in the CH53E's were my favorite flights (if you can call it flying):lol:.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I like the straight short rubber stems, they're bullet proof and not much can go wrong with them.

IMHO, these stems are junk when compared to the bolt in aluminum stems below. Ya I know some of you use these without any problem, but when you're in the tire business you get to look at a lot more stems and I see a lot of these leak.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hoverlover
Any trouble getting a gas station air hose on that?
Thanks,
Dale
PS I flew on many helicopters in the Marine's but autorotations in the CH53E's were my favorite flights (if you can call it flying):lol:.

Not yet, but then I carry a small air pump so I don't have to use air stations.

Oh yes, full-on autos are great fun to practice, but gut wrenching for real. :eek:4:
hoverlover

1 - 9 of 9 Posts