1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
I just rode through there a week ago, does that count? :joke:

·
Registered
91 Posts
No where near Vancouver, or any where for that matter. I live in Chetwynd, 60 miles from the start of the Alaska Highway. 600 and some odd miles north of YVR.
settling in for winter soon.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No where near Vancouver, or any where for that matter. I live in Chetwynd, 60 miles from the start of the Alaska Highway. 600 and some odd miles north of YVR.
settling in for winter soon.
Never been up there but I know where it is.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Victoria. Seems we have similar tastes. Cliff.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Canadian Rockeys

I have travelled all the USA and Canada . Vancover is a large city and has the same problems as any others ie: traffic ,crime, etc but has lots of interesting things to see as well. The Canadian Rockeys are some of the most spectacular mountains anywhere. I would recommend coming up on the Sun Highway (Logan pass) in Montana and through Waterton Park in Alberta and go through Banff National Park to Lake Louise then into the Jasper ice fields then out to the west coast and through the Vancouver area to Washington to the Mount St.Helens Area. Then out to the west coast and follow the coastal 101 highway down into California. This would be my idea of the trip of a life time. This time of year would be especially nice but could get cold in the mountains.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm just across the border in Ferndale.
I see you have a tent trailer (not sure of brand). I have a Leesur-Lite Excel. Haven't had the opportunity to tow it behind the Wing yet (as I just got the Wing a few days ago) but I did tow it behind my '06 RSMV.

Curious to know how the Wing handles towing that kind of trailer.

·
Banned
3,711 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Prince George, BC. Wife rides a 2010 GL1800 and I ride a 2010 Victory Vision. Well at least we try to ride when the weather cooperates!!!

·
Registered
581 Posts
SilvrT I'm a few miles east of you In Brockville Ont.Nice looking bike you bought.Was out there mid 80s on a trip.Nice area but a heck of a long drive but fun.
Bill

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SilvrT I'm a few miles east of you In Brockville Ont.Nice looking bike you bought.Was out there mid 80s on a trip.Nice area but a heck of a long drive but fun.
Bill
heh... a "few miles" eh? :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Prince George, BC. Wife rides a 2010 GL1800 and I ride a 2010 Victory Vision. Well at least we try to ride when the weather cooperates!!!
Kool ... brother-in-law & his wife live in PG. They ride a '96 Wing. It's the bright blue one and he's got it loaded with tons of safety chrome and farkle. He works at Kal Tire there... maybe you know them? (Ross & Linda Terry)

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Come to Kelowna to ride this area; some great roads! also in the kootenays!
I know the area well ... lived in Kelowna, Kamloops, Penticton, Cranbrook, Nelson, Trail.

As a member on another board, I am also involved in and/or organize "Kruis'n the Kootenays" M/C rally on the July long weekend. Look for my info on this come November sometime. We base it in Nelson at the New Grand hotel.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Victoria BC, lots of good riding on the Island. Join the GWRRA and they will send you the gold book it list all the other members and chapters world wide. you'll be amazed how many are in your area. :congrats: on the bike

·
Registered
630 Posts
Yep, I'm in Vancouver.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Here in Delta, 5 minutes from Pt. Roberts. Still have the rental bike out while mine is getting fixed

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
I see you have a tent trailer (not sure of brand). I have a Leesur-Lite Excel. Haven't had the opportunity to tow it behind the Wing yet (as I just got the Wing a few days ago) but I did tow it behind my '06 RSMV.

Curious to know how the Wing handles towing that kind of trailer.
It's a Roll a Home.
With all my gear loaded it's around 500 # with about 50# tongue weight.
It tows real well,but don't beleve those that say they "don't even know it's back there"
It takes a bit more to stop,and it feels a little like it's pushing in downhill turns.
As long as I take it easy,I feel pretty comfortable with it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts