GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never seen the mirror mounted in the trunk lid. My question is would I still be able to put two helmets in the trunk and close the lid with the mirror mounted from Honda? Thinking about getting one.

·
Registered
340 Posts
This is my version of a vanity mirror. Coleman camp mirror, $3.00 in local store camping section. Some slight modifications, slide it up and under, use some sticky back velcro to hold it in place. Seems to be at the exact needed angle when on the sidestand. When the lid is closed, the mirror is actually outside the trunk.

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
GO TO vpaccessories.com, THEY HAVE A GREAT MIRROR FOR $22.00. PLUS SEVERAL OTHER ITEMS FOR WINGS.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Have the Kury truck orginizer which has the mirror, No prob with the helmets or luggage.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Both on my 1500 and currently on my 1800 I had the mirrors installed by the dealer at time of purchase. Their bracket suck, to put it bluntly. The weight of the mirrors makes them rotate so much that it will not hold in the right angle for you to see yourself. A total waste of money!

I tried squeezing the mounting brackets.....well, that works for a while and then it's back to the same old chit.

I like the Coleman's mirror as Barnstormer37 above showed. I think that I'll trash the POS that I have now and put a Coleman's mirror attached to the inside of the passenger's back rest. Neat!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts