GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not happy with the $72.00 price of the OEM Vanity Mirror I went to my local Pep Boys and bought one that looks pretty similar for $6.50. It does not use wiring but is battery powered. I used velcro tape to attach so that if I don't like it I can remove. I put a block in the bottom back to angle the glass out a bit. My full-face helmet still fits. I think I am attaching photos of the install but this is my first time attempting to put photos in so we'll see.

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
My mirror solution

$3.00 Coleman camp mirror. Bought it at a local store sporting goods department. Minor modifications, tape back velcro, and slide it up and under, retighten the screws.

Attachments

·
Registered
674 Posts

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Not happy with the $72.00 price of the OEM Vanity Mirror I went to my local Pep Boys and bought one that looks pretty similar for $6.50. It does not use wiring but is battery powered. I used velcro tape to attach so that if I don't like it I can remove. I put a block in the bottom back to angle the glass out a bit. My full-face helmet still fits. I think I am attaching photos of the install but this is my first time attempting to put photos in so we'll see.
Smart move. I have the OEM one, mostly because I wanted the light to help see in the trunk but I thought "might as well have the mirror" too. It works but I like your solution better. Cheaper and it looks like it will stay up. The OEM one won't stay up - cheesy clip doesn't work. It stays on the hinge though. Still a rip off.

·
Registered
19,464 Posts
Thank you Gary I will check the Pep Boys one out. Have not been in there in years

1 - 5 of 5 Posts