GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I should but I don't wear a helmet 100% of the time, so, I don't put that much $ into them and I am a cheapskate to begin with. That being said was wondering if anybody has the Vega half shell helmet with the zip off cover that goes over your ears and has places for headsets. My local Honda dealer has them at reasonable prices. Also was wondering how close a match the dark red helmet is to the '08 dark red metalic wing.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a few of the Vega Shorty helmets. None of mine have the zip off lining but I love the line they have. For me the Vega fit the best.

·
Mild Hog
585 Posts
I still have a HJC 1/2 helmet with the zip off leather. I like it very much. It is comfortable. I lean toward protection now days and don't ware it. but it sure is better than nothing !

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
I picked up Vega "shorty" at bike week.
I have a BUNCH of helmets and so far and right now I really like this one the most.
Not a zipper ear piece but a velcroed in one
... doubt it would be good for headphones but it does keep the wind noise out pretty good.

I wear it ALL the time... it fits better than anything I have.
I've just finished some very long rides with it and have more planned before I get back home (still on the road).
I can wear it ALL day and almost forget it is on
(wore it TWO back to back 27 hour rides)
... the less fatigue factor I have with it probably does not make up for the lack of protection from a full face
... but for now it's the one I'm using and enjoying riding more.

I've the one with the carbon fiber "look" ...

Dennis

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Red Ron , Yes , I have a Vega half helmet with the zippered ear flaps .. It is Dark Red , It matches pretty close to the bike .. I have the 08' Dark Red also ... I have worn mine only 2 times ,, Its for sale if you want to buy it .... I got it last summer and have not use it .. It has a bag with it ... Let me know if you want it ?? Save some $$$ maybe ????

Scott
08' DARK RED COMFORT / NAV ....

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I've been tempted to get one of those half helmets but know better. It gets here in GA with a full face so I opted for the HJC symax II flip up modular instead. I was at a motorclce shop and they had a few of the half helmets. The Vega felt real cheap and uncomfortable to me. The had a few of the Scorpion half helmets and were very comfortable. A few years back I had I Shoei St. Cruz that was very comfortable but sold it because I just didn't feel like it was a smart way to ride.
I haven't tried one but the HJC half helmets look good as well. HJC are very well made helmets at a great price.
Steve

·
Registered
740 Posts
helmet

I am on my third Vega 1/2 helmet. I like them alot. My latest one has a zip in storm curtain, others used velcro. I think I got it at J&M Corp for about $50 or $60.
Bob VanNess

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Red Ron , Yes , I have a Vega half helmet with the zippered ear flaps .. It is Dark Red , It matches pretty close to the bike .. I have the 08' Dark Red also ... I have worn mine only 2 times ,, Its for sale if you want to buy it .... I got it last summer and have not use it .. It has a bag with it ... Let me know if you want it ?? Save some $$$ maybe ????

Scott
08' DARK RED COMFORT / NAV ....
Might be interested. You didn't say what size yours was. What do you want for it? Any reason why you didn't use it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's a size medium !!! Dark Red ... I just like my KBC TourCom .... My tourcom has the J&M headset in it .... How's $45.00 delivered !!!!!!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the quick reply. Its not big enough for my big head. I have to have at least an XL.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I still have the 3/4 candy red or wine color with ratchet shield or it has a duck bill you can put on instead.size xxl good condition 25.00 plus shipping.vega brand

1 - 12 of 12 Posts