GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought two Vega Helmets less than 2 years ago.....the Warrenty in BIG print states 2 year warrenty.....my helmet hinge broke....and guess what,,,,,,,,,parts are only warrenty for 1 year... but it gets better....this helmet...the top of the line is according to them a 3 year old model so they have no parts to fix it +++++++++++ and best of all they were not at all concerned about it----to bad to sad!!!! Just thought I'd let ya all know out there....

Great thing though....my dealer, made some parts and fixed it on his own time at home,,,, so at least now I have a back-up helmet.

Zipper

·
GL1800 Doctor
21,123 Posts
I had a similar problem with my Summit and the local Suzuki dealer called the field rep for Vega. She sent me the parts for free. She did inform us that the helmet had been discontinued and parts were going south. I guess I'll just buy a new helmet if anything breaks again and it sure won't be a Vega brand. :?

G

·
Go with Aria helmet for fit and service, but make sure your sitting down when you see the price.
It's worth every penny I paid for mine.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
We have had our Vega helmets for three years without problems. Thanks for the info on IF we have a problem.

Criteria for new helmet? MUST be as comfortable as the Vega Summitt XPV

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
yellowtrike said:
We have had our Vega helmets .............

Criteria for new helmet? MUST be as comfortable as the Vega Summitt XPV

I too have the Summit by Vega. I've owned Bell, Shoei, Arai, HJC, Bieffe (?) and yes, even a couple cheap-O Warshawski Brand X. The Vega is, IMHO, one of the most comfy helmets "I'VE" ever worn.

About getting what you pay for? May be true under some circumstances, but, by the same token, many things out there are overpriced and not substantially better... But, thanks for the info. Some of these 'warranties' are not worth the paper they're written on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.