GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY THIS MIGHT BE DUMB QUESTION, BUT I'M NEW TO GOLD WINGS. I JUST GOT MY 2007 SILVER ABOUT TWO WEEKS AGO. HAD BRAKE PROBLEM, AND WAS IN SHOP FOR WEEK. JUST GOT IT BACK OTHER DAY AND ON WAY HOME FROM WORK IT WAS LITTLE COOL OUT SO I OPENED FOOT HEAT VENT AND OPENED FAIRING VENTS, BUT NO AIR CAME OUT. I KNOW IT WORKED THE FIRST TWO DAYS I RODE BEFORE BIKE WENT INTO SHOP. THEY REPLACED FRONT AND BACK MASTER BRAKE CYLINDERS. IS THERE ANYWAY THEY DID SOMETHING OR IS THERE SOMETHING I'M MISSING.
THANKS FOR INFO

·
Chard Member
13,060 Posts
The 2 fairing vents are useless. The only thing they do is collect dust! :( They don't move warm or cold air. They "might" blow a match out at 100mph. LOL...

The foot warmers should work. If the doors open, they are working.

·
Registered
50 Posts
In the summer the air is HOT and in the winter the air is COLD coming out of these vents. Totally useless.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I said the same thing when I picked up my 06. The foot warmers work fine for cool days but don't expect much more than a little warm air. The engine is providing the pass around warmer air. The side vents are air movers and nothing more. Dress for cooler riding weather and have suitable socks and you will be fine. enjoy the ride.

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
Shin vents help break some of the negative pressure behind the fairing at speed, nothing else.

At 25* the foot warmers work great. Stopped, standing around shooting the breeze my feet are cold. Take a cruise and 10 mins later they are warm and stay that way and that's one pair of socks and uninsulated boots.

Bradford

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Red said:
The 2 fairing vents are useless. The only thing they do is collect dust! :( They don't move warm or cold air. They "might" blow a match out at 100mph. LOL...
Yep. Like Red says..."they collect dust".
(and it's covered on page 86 of the supplement to the owners manual.)
"Those are the inlet vents for the on-board vacuum cleaner system."
They don't work when the bike is moving as Honda feels it may be
dangerous to clean the bike while riding. :wink:

Heck, the rest of the bike is a dust collector too.
Especially the rear wheel and under the seat.
Why should those vents be any different? :lol: :lol: :lol:
DC

·
Registered
600 Posts
Mike Greer said:
HEY THIS MIGHT BE DUMB QUESTION, BUT I'M NEW TO GOLD WINGS. I JUST GOT MY 2007 SILVER ABOUT TWO WEEKS AGO. HAD BRAKE PROBLEM, AND WAS IN SHOP FOR WEEK. JUST GOT IT BACK OTHER DAY AND ON WAY HOME FROM WORK IT WAS LITTLE COOL OUT SO I OPENED FOOT HEAT VENT AND OPENED FAIRING VENTS, BUT NO AIR CAME OUT. I KNOW IT WORKED THE FIRST TWO DAYS I RODE BEFORE BIKE WENT INTO SHOP. THEY REPLACED FRONT AND BACK MASTER BRAKE CYLINDERS. IS THERE ANYWAY THEY DID SOMETHING OR IS THERE SOMETHING I'M MISSING.
THANKS FOR INFO
No need to shout!!!

:D

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I had a post on this BBS a while back about my '02 ... some guy came up with the correct solution. I was griping that those louvers put out hot air in the summer and cold air in the winter. He suggested that I take the bike back to the dealer and trade it for a northern hemisphere model ... the bike I have currently was obviously built for the southern hemisphere and destined to be sold in Australia or Brazil. :lol:

·
Registered
454 Posts
WE ARN'T HOLLERING WE ARE TYPING IN CAPS / IF I HOLLER I'LL SAY SOMETHING LIKE "I'M MAD AS HELL AN WONT TAKE IT ANYMORE " SOME OF US ARE 1 FINGER PECKERS (DONT GO THERE GUYS) :twisted: N ITS EASIER TO TYPE THAT WAY

1 - 11 of 11 Posts