GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May seem like a dumb question but I need an answer. The cowl vents on the GW that are used for footwarmers. Should they be open or closed in warm weather. The owners manual mentions what they are for but doesn't tell you how to set them.

Just bought a Roadsmith 2012 trike so I'm new to Goldwings. I've been on Harleys a long, long time.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I run with mine closed whenever my feet are not cold. Same with the vents at shin level. Many say that they do not work, but I have had them open and closed when cold and to me they do make a difference. I think you will be wamer with them open, warm weather or cold. Just my poinion.

Joe in Redding.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Your speaking of the lever above the left fairings pocket right? Closed closes the small flappers that are right above and in front of your feet. Open let's engine heat out if the flapper holes to so called warm your feet.

The fairing vents that look like auto a/c vents are a waste, mine are closed all the time

·
Registered
698 Posts
Your speaking of the lever above the left fairings pocket right? Closed closes the small flappers that are right above and in front of your feet. Open let's engine heat out if the flapper holes to so called warm your feet.

The fairing vents that look like auto a/c vents are a waste, mine are closed all the time

There are no more fairing vents on the 2012....all gone...:shrug:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts