GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Killington classic was cancelled due to Irene and it appears that most of central VT is still closed. Crossing into NH isn't much better as all the main east west notches are closed. I'm hoping to get some more riding in these areas and if a local rider could keep us posted it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I have plans to travel to North Conway NH the week of Sept 19 2011.
I better check the roads carefully...

If anyone local is here - please chime in with suggestions.
I will be coming up from NJ.

Thx.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Just drove up, yesterday from Loudon to Burlington via 16 and 2. Road was fine. North Conway was open for business. Wet, wet though. If you're in the Conway area, stop in to Whitehorse Gear. Lots of stuff and they are friendly.

·
Registered
812 Posts

Thx.
I've heard that there are places along 112 from Lincoln to Conway that are closed so if you are planning on coming in from the west please check ahead (112 is a wonderful road and if you aren't using it to get from Lincoln to Conway,even if you can't make it through it is probably worth a ride).

Much depends on how you want to go. 28 is pretty decent "middleish" road with speed limits generally between 40 and 55, mostly 2 lane. If you want the slab take 93 to 104 then 25 and 113. Mostly slab,but then ssome secondaries through the lakes region. The other option is 95 north to 16 which gets you mostly there. There shouldn't be any trouble with closures on any of these routes.

Jason

·
Registered
2,189 Posts

Thx.
my wife & I did that 3 weeks ago, Conway, the Kanc, over to Montpilier, Burlington, Saranac Lk & finally Lk George.
4 days on the road :thumbup: glad we did it before the rains came..
Willmington VT @ rt 7 & 100 is DISTROID!!under 8ft of water.
Dots Rest. was submerged !!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Last Saturday was still 107 in Vermont closed and rt4 From Woodstock to Rutland... among many others restricted to one lane in places....

·
Registered
714 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I lived in New Hampshire way back when and miss the beautiful scenery. My thoughts are with you guys up there. We are sort of used to the hurricanes down here in Texas. BUT not these goofy wild-fires...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts