GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I can respond to myself on this thread.

I think that the car tire may have issues like Jimmy Stewart had in the 1951 movie "No Highway". Lets hope not.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Hal,
Didn't see that movie. What were the issues?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
trialsman said:
Hal,
Didn't see that movie. What were the issues?
You can google it or I will give you the quick review of the plot: : Man made devices can change over time. Airplanes that fly in cold weather can have certain problems accelerate. And people can die.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:

I think that the car tire may have issues like Jimmy Stewart had in the 1951 movie "No Highway". Lets hope not.
I think it was "No Highway in the Sky."

The one I am thinking of is where the aircraft model was having problems with the tail failing.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Thanks for the info Hal.

http://trackaddix.com/images/misc/Motor ... mation.pdf

This information has been posted and discussed in earlier threads. Some have used it “prove” their side of the debate. Sort of like the infamous car tire video, which people on both sides claimed supported their side of the argument.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Leonard said:

I think it was "No Highway in the Sky."

The one I am thinking of is where the aircraft model was having problems with the tail failing.
"No Highway" was the prime title.
Also Known As:
No Highway in the Sky
Runtime: USA:98 min

·
Registered
3,033 Posts

Thank you Hal,
Good info...
AND....
Keep talkin baby.... 1951 movies....I just love it when people talk about things
that were popular when I was to young to notice. :roll:
Unfortunately, there seem to be fewer and fewer things around
that are older than me. :lol: :lol: :lol:
DC

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Hal,
....You gotta give it to the Darksiders, it has got you involved in posting...that along was worth it, ah?

What do you think about a new tire design for tourers?
What are your opinions of the present quality and perfromance of motto tires for people who want to haul (trailers, girls, gas cans,...etc) with the Wing...????

Do you have any buddies at Bridgestone that can manufacture round car tires for motorcycles for us?

Do you understand why people are seeking alternative to the present tire design for Wingabegos?...Why do you think people would want to find some other alternative to the present tires?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Nando said:
Why do you think people would want to find some other alternative to the present tires?
Cheap bastards... no if's and or but's... that's the bottom line!

Why else would somebody take a perfectly good motorcycle (that handles reasonably well) and totally f**k it up by adding a car tire, if they couldn't save a buck on regular motorcycle tires.

These same people probably recycle their toilet paper :roll:

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
azblackbird said:
Nando said:
Why do you think people would want to find some other alternative to the present tires?
Cheap bastards... no if's and or but's... that's the bottom line!

Why else would somebody take a perfectly good motorcycle (that handles reasonably well) and totally f**k it up by adding a car tire, if they couldn't save a buck on regular motorcycle tires.

These same people probably recycle their toilet paper :roll:
I do not!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I want to know what the actual measurements of the contact patchs, what tires were used to create the patches, what the air preasure was, what the turn angle and speed were, etc. I bet if you track down the author, you'd find out he had an artist draw out the patches based on some guess backed up by no actual observations. The practice is known as "dry-labbing your data".

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Wasted effort.
Truthiness beats facts every time.

Wikipedia said:
Truthiness is a satirical term invented by Stephen Colbert in reference to the quality by which a person claims to know something intuitively, instinctively, or "from the gut" without regard to evidence, logic, intellectual examination, or actual facts.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
azblackbird, sounds like your off your Meds again. You have already stated how you feel on the other threads. If you have such a hard-on about Car Tires then stay away from the Darkside List. Have you priced the car tires that are being used? They aren't cheap.
Cut back on your Caffeine

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
AZBLACKBIRDIE,
Yeap, just like a controling judgmental old lady on menopause!...if you dont get off the darksider board you are going get a heart attack old fart!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I 'll love to ride and I'll ride whatever the law will let me ride. I'll also put whatever tire I want on my "Girl" went I want. Maybe I need another glass of Wine, (while sitting at Home), But I after reading and watching what other have said that show that their education has by far surpassed their IQ, that I have come to the understanding that each person has an opinion, but only a few should open their months, that said I will add: Marines only need three things. Boots, Food and Bullets. I have 4 bullets and there are only 3 of you, so one of you will be shot twice :D .

I figure this is just as worth sayings as any of what the rest of the junk that has been said here.

I like to ride the roades on MY CT, on MY GW, so I will

Once a Marine, Always a Marine

Flatlander
Darksider #0028

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
tomfranken said:
I want to know what the actual measurements of the contact patchs, what tires were used to create the patches, what the air preasure was, what the turn angle and speed were, etc. I bet if you track down the author, you'd find out he had an artist draw out the patches based on some guess backed up by no actual observations. The practice is known as "dry-labbing your data".
ROTFLMAO!!

·
Registered
19,440 Posts
<<<not a DARKSIDER
<<<wouldn't put a CT on my wing
<<<admit a CT has advantages
<<< would like to see a CT type/run flat/wider MC tire designed for the 1800

1 - 20 of 21 Posts