GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
15 year Member
6,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to hand it to the people/person who designed that highway peg that Hal was promoting the other day. I will be buying a set of them to put on my Wing. The design is sleek, and very well thought out... I liked the idea of a highway peg but didn't like ANY of the designs, placements or installation fasteners, this one however has it all .. seamless design with straight forward install and when your NOT using it , it folds away! Good job!!

Matt(BCNV) :bow::yes1::bow::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Agreed! I think I'm going to dump my Kury boards (which scare the hell out of me since they drag so easily) and buy some of these new ones.

By the way, did anyone ever tell you that you look just like this guy from Ashland? :joke:

·
Registered
20,952 Posts
yes looks like they really did a nice job designing them

i've never owned a set of hiway pegs because they always looked like they didn't belong on a wing, after a few more folks try out this new design i just might buy a set if the price is rite

unfortunatly for the original manufacturer i bet Showchrome, Kury and numerous other manufactures are already working on somekind of copy

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
I like the looks of the new peg too. However, it looks like it would place my feet a bit higher than would be comfortable (for me) on my GL1800 trike. I'm looking for pegs that can be attached to the tip over bars but not interfere with the trike wings.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Is there a link to the original thread anyone, I'd like to check them out.

OK, cancel my last request, I found it...

Best regards

John

·
Registered
286 Posts
I agree with the comments here. They really do look nice. I have the kury highway pegs now but I have always thought they don't look quite right. These look like they belong on the Goldwing. I hope to be among the first to have them on the bike. Great job on the design and most of all on the added safety feature.:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
unfortunatly for the original manufacturer i bet Showchrome, Kury and numerous other manufactures are already working on somekind of copy
You may be right. But the 1800 market is relatively small and it might not make sense to mass produce this peg. For example, the only part of Kury's 4056 set up that is 1800 specific, is the mount. The rest can be used on almost any Harley or other cruiser making for a large market. The new peg most likely will be produced in the US in relatively small quantities and will be high quality. I would guess the price to be in the $250+ neighborhood depending on whether he decides to chrome, powdercoat or anodize...and will be well worth the cost. But Chet's Kickshifter at Rattlebars was 1800 specific and he was forced to quit making it by the cheap Asian-produced knockoffs.

I think it's the best looking peg I've seen for the 1800. Unfortunately, it's higher than the lowest safe setting for the 4056 and will be too high to be of any use to me.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
yes looks like they really did a nice job designing them

i've never owned a set of hiway pegs because they always looked like they didn't belong on a wing, after a few more folks try out this new design i just might buy a set if the price is rite

i doubt if others are working on the same thing

the design has been around for a long time

back to bmw 1100's in fact

they have a very similar highway peg setup that bolts onto the ends of the heads, called j pegs

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
I like the look and the height may be good for me. Let's see what the price is and how they are finished.:congrats:

·
15 year Member
6,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Agreed! I think I'm going to dump my Kury boards (which scare the hell out of me since they drag so easily) and buy some of these new ones.

By the way, did anyone ever tell you that you look just like this guy from Ashland? :joke:
Scary ain't it....

Matt(BCNV)

·
Registered
629 Posts
I could not find the pegs on Hal's website, am I overlooking something??

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I wonder if these will be in Daytona Bike Week for a first hand lookie, feelie?

The dude said he was going to be there in the other thread, now whether or not the product will be there who knows.:cool:

·
15 year Member
6,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
628 Posts
I am so sorry I started this thread, next time I will check w/ you before I have another thought...... except this tme...

Matt(BCNV) :a13:
What kind of a time frame are we looking at between thoughts?:a13:
Those are some cool looking pegs aren't they? My problem is the 36" inseam, so I'm pretty sure they wouldn't work for me.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have to hand it to the people/person who designed that highway peg that Hal was promoting the other day. I will be buying a set of them to put on my Wing. The design is sleek, and very well thought out... I liked the idea of a highway peg but didn't like ANY of the designs, placements or installation fasteners, this one however has it all .. seamless design with straight forward install and when your NOT using it , it folds away! Good job!!

Matt(BCNV) :bow::yes1::bow::thumbup:
Has any one mentioned a price yet?

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
I have a prototype set on my bike and love them to death!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts