GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to share this with those on the board that know us.
This afternoon when coming home from work, I found my best friend
Gilligan had passed away on the floor just in front of the front door.
This is where he laid every day waiting for me or Patti Crocker to come home from work.
He was 13 years old and to some he was just a DOG.. to us he was a big part of the family,, Since Patti Crocker and I had no "human" children,, our Boys were our family.. For those that have "pets" I'm sure you'll understand,, for those that feel they are only "dogs" you may not understand.....
Bill and Patti

D

·
0 Posts
Our condolences for your loss, our dog and cat are our children now as the human children are all grown and 3K miles away in CA. We look forward to coming home from work everyday to see the kids and they to see us. It will be a day I don't care to think about when they too are no longer are there. :-(

·
Registered
637 Posts
I'm so sorry about your dog. I know how it feels. I like dogs more than I like most people.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Sorry for your lost, animals show the true signs of friendship. Sometimes I think that my dogs are the only one except Ms Vic who understand and fully accept me.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Our deepest sympathy on the loss of your child.

Janet and I understand as we have also lost our children - we also don't have human children so understand. Rest assured he has safely crossed the "rainbow bridge".

Be strong at this time.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all that have responded. It can't change what happened,, but it sure HELPS to know others do care.....
Hope this picture will post,,,

·
Registered
424 Posts
Very sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved friend. My heart goes out to you.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss...:-(

We have two 7 year old lab brothers that are our kids...

They greet me every morning with toys and pure love...and are there every time I come home...after a bad day at work, it's near impossible not to smile when they jump around just happy you are home...

We dred that inevitable day...:-(

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'm very sorry for your loss.

We've had many 4 legged children and it never gets any easier when their time comes.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
We share your sadness, and are so sorry for your loss. :-(

·
Registered
480 Posts
Bill we are sorry for your loss, we are also in the group that only have 4 legged kids. We know the pain that you are experiencing, we lost our daughter not too long ago, the pain will get easier with time but you will never forget the ones you lost.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Pet loss

When we lost our first yellow lab, Mollie 7 years ago it just tore my heart out...she had cancer. I cried like a baby. It hurt as much as when Dad passed away. We now have a Corghi and another Yellow lab...wonderful children. I feel for you and don't look forward to when these dog's times come.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I'm very sorry for you loss. Our pets give us unconditional love and expect very little in return. We have a housecat that is 14 yrs old and I dread the day she dies. She is a part of our family.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Sorry for the loss of your dear friend. We lost our Beau two years ago and still have times we think we hear him in the house. Hope you find solice in the fact that he loved you guys unconditionally.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Now for the flip side. I don't have animals and don't understand, but I do know you two and feel very sad for you both and your loss.

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
I understand, as one who has been there too,
and I am saddened by your loss.

Dennis

1 - 20 of 28 Posts