GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a son in the Marines and would like to do a big back patch on my denim vest.

Any idea where I can get one made?

If can't get one made; could it be airbrushed on? If so, could I wash the vest without damaging the airbrushing?

If airbrushing; anyone in Dallas area?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
what do you want on the patch, we have several jar heads with big red usmc unit emblems on their jackets... I am the only one in family who went the sissy way and was usaf....

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have a son in the Marines and would like to do a big back patch on my denim vest.

If can't get one made; could it be airbrushed on? If so, could I wash the vest without damaging the airbrushing?

Thanks
You'll probably pay through the nose, but there are some places on-line that will take even a rough design, turn it into a patch, and might do a one-off.

AND FROM ONE MARINE PARENT TO ANOTHER - OOOH-RAHHH!

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would be using the patch of the 2/4 and have it look something like this:

PROUD FATHER OF A

MAGNIFICENT *******

Semper Fi to you as well.​

·
Registered
7,796 Posts

Thanks
You might look online and in the Yellow Pages for an embroidery shop in your area. A lot of times they have the equipment to scan a picture and make a patch or embroider your design directly on a vest or jacket.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Patch

You might give Cindy a call at Cody Trading Post in Hico TX. Its is a motorcycle leather and accessory shop. Has lots of patches, if she doesnt have the one you are looking for she may be able to order it for you.Phone # is 254-796-2806. Good luck. Terry

P.S. Tell your son THANKS for his service.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Patches

If you have that design saved as a JPEG file you can take it to almost any commerical embrodery shop and they can probably do it for you. The technology now a days is fantastic.

The shop could probably digitize the design while you are there and then embriodery the emblem. They could also make it as a patch.

Charlie Morse
Land Elephant

·
Registered
390 Posts
Thank your son for serving our great country. And thank you for raising a son that would serve his country. May want to check out this website sounds like you are a proud dad!!

http://www.marineparents.com/

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Try a screen printer, the ones that print t-shirts.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts