GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone up for a Veterans Day RTE? Looks like its gonna be sunny and cool (High of 53 degrees)

Ironton Ohio has a new smoke house BBQ called the Armory Smoke House http://thearmorysmokehouse.com/. This is where I began and ended my 16yr military career. They turned it into a restaurant a few month's ago and its pretty good. Excellent riding in that area also. This is just a suggestion, so if we want to do something more central so Northern riders can make it, I don't mind.:grin2:

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,943 Posts
Sam, put me down as a definite maybe. LOL Weather for here on November 11TH is: Clouds with a few showers 30% chance. High of 51*

I have heard good things about this new place. I have been wanting to try it.

If you get down that way every once in a while you need to check out Fat Patties in Ashland KY. They have awesome burgers and onion rings.
Probably as good as I have had anywhere.

https://www.fatpattysonline.com/menu/food-drink/starters

OR!!! I'm good with somewhere else.

Reactions: Newwingrider65

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sam, put me down as a definite maybe. LOL Weather for here on November 11TH is: Clouds with a few showers 30% chance. High of 51*

I have heard good things about this new place. I have been wanting to try it.

If you get down that way every once in a while you need to check out Fat Patties in Ashland KY. They have awesome burgers and onion rings.
Probably as good as I have had anywhere.

https://www.fatpattysonline.com/menu/food-drink/starters

OR!!! I'm good with somewhere else.
Boomer, I got you marked down. If you have a picture book of you and Bobs Alaska trip, I want to see it.:smile2:

·
6,943 Posts
I agree with Bob. I don't live as close as Crookster but I'm only about 31 miles away.

I don't know where you are getting your forecast. But mine calls for a 40% chance of showers with off and on rain. It is far enough out it could change by then.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Weather Update!

High of 45 degrees with a 30% chance of snow :surprise: The last time I planned a Veterans Day RTE the high was 37 degrees :grin2: I'll keep you posted :smile2:

·
6,943 Posts
Darn working that day. Looks like a good place!
Did you get a real job???? Or do you mean that one where you just drive around?? >:):joke:

High of 45 degrees with a 30% chance of snow :surprise: The last time I planned a Veterans Day RTE the high was 37 degrees :grin2: I'll keep you posted :smile2:
Weather isn't looking too good. :crying: Mine says only a 20% chance of precipitation. But it will be around 34* in the morning with a high of 40*.

I did some scouting of this place today. :eat2: :surprise: YES I DID!! What ever you do @Bullet Bob don't order the brisket. SAVE IT ALL FOR ME!! :laugh: I had the brisket from there tonight and it was awesome. It was so tender I didn't need a knife. :nojoke:

·
Administrator
4,581 Posts
well, looks kinda like I may have to bail on this one :crying: I've got an appointment that I've backed-up several times already. Prob'ly outta go talk with 'em. Sorry guys. All the more brisket for you Boomer.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Weather Update!

Weather Update: 38 degrees and snow showers :-( Anyone up for a "Polar Bear" Run? :biker:

Bummer Bullet Bob! :frown2:

·
Administrator
4,581 Posts
now we used to do a New Years' Day run, can't remember the date :wink2: to CI. but they were closed last year. Will probably have to see about scheduling another one.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I’ve been in Scottsdale AZ since Tuesday. 88 and sunny. Was hoping to ride south for a RTE before year’s end but it looks like I will return to a snowy NE Ohio on Saturday evening.

Oh well. Hope to see you guys in the spring. I should have more time to ride next year since I’m planning to retire on 12/31. :thumbup:

Reactions: j1000

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Weather update: 46 Degrees and Cloudy!!!! The weather man can't make up his mind.

So unless there is snow & ice on the road or a torrential down pour, I'll be there.

·
6,943 Posts
I guess I'm still a maybe. The wife has had the flu. I'm hoping I don't get it.
My weather is saying: Cloudy with light rain developing later in the day. High 49*. Chance of rain 80%.

·
Administrator
4,581 Posts
"Rain showers in the morning with precipitation turning to a mixture of rain and snow in the afternoon. Some sleet may mix in. High 37F. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precip 80%. Snow accumulations less than one inch."

Wow, high of 49? You guys in the tropics........

1 - 20 of 34 Posts