GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I would have to test-ride one make any reasonable comments. The ST1300 is, however, a little long of tooth.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Based on looks and size alone, I'll stick with my long-toothed ST-1300. The muffler on the VFT1200T looks like it ought to be stuck under a Honda Civic.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Don't like the above colors.

If it's anything like the VFR it'll be a really nice bike with a really nice price tag.

Have to wait and see. Nice features IMO.

Can't believe the ST has remained unchanged as long as it has - still a great bike though.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
My thought is that I already have a touring bike. If I want something sportier, I'll get a sport bike. Maybe a Super Blackbird.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
First of all, that information (artist rendering) is nearly two years old now. So I'm not sure what to expect. I can tell you that the Honda dealers can't give away the VFR1200. My dealer who I'm good friends with has three in stock that he has had for over a year and he has not sold a single one. I was in another Honda dealer in town the other day who has three sitting there as well.

I have ridden one, and I think it would make a good platform for an ST bike if they don't neuter the power - which they usually do. And given that the ST1300 now lists for over 17,000, which is two thousand more than the more modern and much better equiped Concours 14 I can only imagine how they would price the new VFR1200T.

Bottom line is this though - if they make a true ST version with the same power as the VFR has now, and if the bike has factory cruise control along with the other stuff my Concours has AND if the bike comes in fully equiped with a list price of around $17,000 I will be very interested.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I am sure it will be an awesome bike. I had a couple of VFR's I personally do not like the V-Tech engine. I am sure this one is much improved with the transition of all the valves opening. ( one intake valve remains closed until a threshold of 7000 rpm is reached, then the second valve is opened by an oil-pressure actuated pin.)

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
not sure why honda is all into this cheap 2tone paint schemes....wait, "cheaper"...easy fix for me being in paint biz but man would that look good mono colored! JMHO

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Seems like they just keep getting uglier all the time.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I've been riding a VFR800 since 1999. Love the bike. Was getting excited about replacing it for a newer, updated one when the new VFR800 came out, but once it did, I didn't like the VTEC at all. Kept mine. Then the new VFR1200 was rumored, and I thought, again, about replacing my '99 for newer, latest, greatest. Then the VFR1200 hit the streets, and I was disappointed with the price. Not about to give that much money to Honda for the bike, no matter how nice. Was going to buy a C14 instead, to get more fo my money.

When the touring version of the VFR comes out, it'll cost even more than the non-touring version. Wiz-bang electronics and all might be impressive to some, but Honda has been going overboard lately. For my money, the C14 or even the older tech FJR1300, would get a place in my garage before the new VFR.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Let the RUMORS BEGIN , LETS FACE IT NOBODY KNOWS WHAT HONDA has GOT UNTIL THEY RELEASE IT , been that way every year and isnt about to change .
How many more I heard ,she said , my man inside said. A guy at the show said .
Right Ill wait until its fact

·
Registered
11 Posts
My last bike before the Wing was a VFR1200 which I rode for 12 months and 9,000klm. Facts are:-

1. A truely stonking motor which is quiote understressed in its current state of tune.

2. Brakes and suspension are superb. Unless you are a track day excapee you will need no modifications here.

3. A deceptivly fast motorcycle point to point. Not a sports bike but a true sports tourer.

4. It is a better sports tourer than the blackbird in my opinion (and I wore out two Blackbirds).

5. Fit, finish & quality is above reproach and miles ahead of BMW.

6. Not a bike for everyone. I would stiull have mine except my licence was in peril. The bike made me do evil things.

Regards

Michael G

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
:agree:
I guess it's a matter of taste. To me it looks pretty nice, color aside. Fast and capable.

Kinda like the Studebaker guys looking at the new E63 thinking of days gone by methinks.

·
Registered
792 Posts
6. Not a bike for everyone. I would stiull have mine except my licence was in peril. The bike made me do evil things.

Regards

Michael G

Mike - exactly why I bought the wing instead of other things out there and newer versions of what I've owned in the past..

The wing is a nice bike, but it's safe... LOL..

·
Registered
633 Posts
Should be out this Fall, most likely to replace the aging ST1300. Thoughts?
i doubt it has enough mass to take out any Mountain Lions!

stick with the Wing, plenty of "Mass Centralization" to deal with Critters!
especially those Dark, over-sized road rats in your neck of woods....

BTW, you getting around a bit better yet?

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i doubt it has enough mass to take out any Mountain Lions!

stick with the Wing, plenty of "Mass Centralization" to deal with Critters!
True Dat !

Arms are in slings and a cast, so typing is a beech. Should be good to go in a month or so. :yes1:

·
Registered
194 Posts
As with the ST 1300, that seat will have to be the first thing to go. It's a touring bike. Why can't Honda put a seat that you can ride more than 100 miles on before you ass feels like it's been tortured ?

Pricing will be a key factor. If they push up there too close to the base Goldwing, well.....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts