GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its official! We picked up our VFRs this week and gave them their first break-in ride today. I'll be loading a few other images, but for now, here's one of Becky on her new Viffer:

Cool, huh?.. More images to come!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Beautiful bike and she's color coordinated too. Looks great. Tim

·
Registered
552 Posts
radbikers said:
Its official! We picked up our VFRs this week and gave them their first break-in ride today. I'll be loading a few other images, but for now, here's one of Becky on her new Viffer:

Cool, huh?.. More images to come!
Damn dude... now that's hot! :yes1:

Any chance of convincing the wife to pose with her bike in a bikini? :wink: You know... kinda like those fancy sport biker magazines :D

BTW... if you can make that happen you'll be the most popular guy on the board... guaranteed! :wink:

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
The white pearl is awesome.. There was one at our local dealer for months (I don't think people really knew what it was)
Enjoy, and ride safe!!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To Azblackbird:

First off, she may be a "chickonabike", but she is certainly not a "biker chick." There's a difference... Second, given that she's a retired federal agent and weapons instructor (everything from .38s to LAW rockets), you'll be lucky if she decides not to hunt you down and kill you, just for sport.... :lol:

Oh, and she's really fast on her bikes, too...really, really fast... :shock:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Can't wait to see the bikes together. You guys are gonna have some fun.
Life is short. Get it while it's hot.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Wow, that is beautiful and the bike looks good too :):) --- Congrads (on both)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She's going to read this, but I'll brag just a little...

She's the love of my life:

She'd rather go riding than shopping..unless its shopping for bikes or riding leather.

She loves to curl up with me and watch MotoGP or SuperBike racing on Sundays. If that's not on, then golf or football will do just fine.

She insists I go and hit golf balls at least once a week, just to keep my swing in shape.

She loves to cook for us (and makes an awesome pot roast!).

Oh, and I'm retired, working part-time just to keep from being bored...she doesn't want me to go back to another corporate job now...too stressful.

I do have to take her out for ice cream once in awhile.

I have no complaints.....

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
radbikers said:
She's going to read this, but I'll brag just a little...

She's the love of my life:

She'd rather go riding than shopping..unless its shopping for bikes or riding leather.

She loves to curl up with me and watch MotoGP or SuperBike racing on Sundays. If that's not on, then golf or football will do just fine.

She insists I go and hit golf balls at least once a week, just to keep my swing in shape.

She loves to cook for us (and makes an awesome pot roast!).

Oh, and I'm retired, working part-time just to keep from being bored...she doesn't want me to go back to another corporate job now...too stressful.

I do have to take her out for ice cream once in awhile.

I have no complaints.....

I GUESS NOT!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Sounds like my wife, but without the bike related stuff....Well maybe it doesn't sound like my wife.

·
Registered
179 Posts
What color did you get ? :)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oops. Got so carried away bragging on my wife that I forgot to post the pic of my bike. Here's mine (black), with hers in the background, along with her GB500, just for fun.

·
Registered
552 Posts
radbikers said:
To Azblackbird:

First off, she may be a "chickonabike", but she is certainly not a "biker chick." There's a difference... Second, given that she's a retired federal agent and weapons instructor (everything from .38s to LAW rockets), you'll be lucky if she decides not to hunt you down and kill you, just for sport.... :lol:

That makes it even better... :yes1:

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
azblackbird said:
radbikers said:
To Azblackbird:

That makes it even better... :yes1:

nuttin better , firearms too!

Imagine if the Hooters gals carried side arms.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
radbikers said:
To Azblackbird:

What the hell does any of that have to do with his question? Will she ? or Not? :lol: :shock:

Now that's funny............. nice bike.

G

·
so.......

enough about your wife :lol:

tell us about the bike - how does the viffer compare to the Gold Wing, pluses and minuses....

·
Registered
552 Posts
Re: so.......

2Fast4FatGuys said:
enough about your wife :lol:

tell us about the bike - how does the viffer compare to the Gold Wing, pluses and minuses....
WTF is there to compare? :roll: They are 2 completely different bikes. The only thing they have in common is they are both made by Honda. You guys and always trying to compare other bikes to a gold wing... give it a rest! It's like trying to compare a Ferrari to a Buick. :roll:

Now about your wife. There is nothing I like better than seeing a hot woman on a hot bike! :yes1:

We need more pics... stoppies, wheelies, donuts, burnouts, bikini shots... you get the idea. :wink:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Az is right about that. The two are totally different rides. The VFR is quick, maneuverable and really about halfway between a touring and sport ride. The seating position is a little forward, but not to sport bike-crippling. We just did a 100 mile break-in ride yesterday, with no problems. MCN coincidently did a 2 pager this month on the VFR and they still like it, despite no major changes for a couple of years. The V4 engine is almost as smooth as the Wing, maybe just a little buzzy about 6 grand but you don't notice that when the VTEC kicks in at 6400 rpm. 65 mph is 4500 on the tach, so its nice and smooth. We haven't had them a lot higher yet, just a couple of runs down the interstate at about 80 mph. The bike is very stable at speed and comfortable. According to the MCN dyno, the 06 VFR makes just about 100 ponies at the rear wheel at 10,500 rpm (redline is 12k), with about 54 lb/ft of torque at 6500 rpm, just after the VTEC kicks in. Not as much as a Wing, but remember you're only pulling 60% of the GW's weight. 0-60 in 3.3 seconds.

Modifications we've already made:
- GenMar risers. Brought the bars up about 3/4". Much more comfortable.
- iPods. Put them in an OtterBox and used a TechMount on the steering stem for tunes.

Changes to be made:
- OEM seat has to go. Too hard, smooth and slants too far forward. Fortunately, Corbin and Sargent both make a nice replacement seat for a good price.
- Windscreen has to be changed. Givi and a few others make good touring screens.
- Already ordered the color-matched Honda saddlebags from HDL. They will be here tomorrow.

The bike is a great ride. Smooth, fast and fun. 400-500 mile days shouldn't be a problem once we make the other changes. We loved our Wings but it was time for a change.

We'll be at Biketoberfest next week and will make the Sunshine Mall luncheon to say to everyone!

Oh, and Becky looks awesome screaming down the road on hers.... :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
radbikers said:
Oops. Got so carried away bragging on my wife that I forgot to post the pic of my bike. Here's mine (black), with hers in the background, along with her GB500, just for fun.

nice lookin set of bikes.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts