GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 months ago I purchased a new 06 Wing with Nav and Comfort, around
1600 miles I started developing a vibration which continued to get worst as the miles racked up. I took it to the dealer today with 4,000 miles on it and was told it was a tire issue. The shop forman told me that he was advised by the Dunlop rep that tire pressures should be 4psi higher than Honda recommends. The front tire on my bike is chopped pretty good with only 4000 miles and I was told they should get better by running 45 psi. Anyone else heard of this ? :shock:

·
Registered
240 Posts
seabee40 said:
2 months ago I purchased a new 06 Wing with Nav and Comfort, around
1600 miles I started developing a vibration which continued to get worst as the miles racked up. I took it to the dealer today with 4,000 miles on it and was told it was a tire issue. The shop forman told me that he was advised by the Dunlop rep that tire pressures should be 4psi higher than Honda recommends. The front tire on my bike is chopped pretty good with only 4000 miles and I was told they should get better by running 45 psi. Anyone else heard of this ? :shock:
My personal choice is Bridgestones in which I run 42 rear and 39 front. Did this on my 2001 and now do it on my 2006 and never had any problems 8)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Sad but true. Run the tire pressure Honda reccomends and you'll be buying tires every 5 or 6K miles. I run 45 rear and 41 front and don't have issues.

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Dunlop rep at the Honda Hoot in Knoxville.. recommended running 2 lbs less than the maxium posted on the side of the tire.. running more can
reduce the footprint which the bike rides on.. which can affect safety

cosmic

·
Registered
393 Posts
Why is it so tough to get a good tire and good word on tire pressure for GW's? You would think that with the money spent and the reputation Honda has for the GW that it wouldn't be this tough to figure out.

Sorry for the rant...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts