GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Would have to see in person but it sure is diffrent !

·
Registered
82 Posts
Its supposed to be shown on Fox News this morning. I've been watching since 7 but my guess is it will be on after 8 AM EST.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I love it!! I saw a couple pics of it last year, after their dealer show. Must have some power though!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
A bit too much "Buck Rogers" for my taste. But I'm happy someone else is entering the market, as it may force current manufacturers to take a hard look at current offerings.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Got NESS' signature for sure. Pic's look very good.
Air cooled,belt driven V Twin? :p I'll pass!!
JMO,
the hobo

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
bit too much "Buck Rogers" for my taste
Thats the word I was lookin for, especially the backend.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
I just saw the new bike on Fox News and it looks good, real good!!!! The pictures posted do not do it justice. On a 61" screen and paning all around it, it is a looker. It does have the Ness look to it. If it has some power it will be a big seller. All of their bikes have good brakes and handle real well, so now we all wait to see how much hp they put into the tour bike.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Very Judge Dread looking

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I saw the show on FOX and I really didn't care for it, guess that is why they make different bikes for different people. It is just a little to futuristic for my tastes, and the back is just plain ugly IMO, checked out the website and it just says it will have a lot of power (not how much), but the thing I am wondering is how hot will that rear cylinder get being aircooled and wrapped in all that plastic.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Answer: Victory Vision.

Question: What would happen 9 months after leaving a K1200LT and a Victory bagger in the shed all night?

The floorboards ruin it for me. No serious bike has boards.
Notice that the tire sizes are the same as the 'Wing?

G

·
I think it's nice someone other than Honda has decided to make a real tour bike. I am unsure if I like the style but up to now the only real full blown tour bike has been the GL now maybe we have another choice ( I should say They as I think I will stay with what I have )

Now if they can just keep the baffles in the pipes that is.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Looks like a BMW, Rune, V-Twin crossbreed.

I'll hold judgment for later.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Buy one, push it onto the trailer, put it in storage and you have a resale classic worth mega bucks in a few years. 8)

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
storm said:
I think it's nice someone other than Honda has decided to make a real tour bike.
I was unaware that Honda had the market cornered on the touring bike industry.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
I like the look. Storage looks a lot less then a GW for long hauls...Maybe it wont take so long to change out an air filter.. :D

·
Registered
657 Posts
New tourer?

The site said it was water and air cooled. The site also mentioned that it would be "unveiled" in NYC (why there?) at 4 pm on Saturday the 20th. Did notice that it had an electric windshield and manually adjustable side deflectors for air management.
Everything else was (pricing, warranty, etc...)" to be announced, I guess, at that time.
Questions I would have would be type of audio system, speaker placement, trunk size (6,750 cubic inches doesn't lend itself to comparison to the Gold Wing I'll have to compute....forget it), saddle bag size. Doesn't look like it would be easy to "accessorize" and the biggest question of all (drum roll) is would this be a Victory mechanic's nightmare come true.
As someone previously mentioned, at least it may make/force other manufacturers to rethink their current offerings and maybe speed up a major makeover.
After further re-reading of the specs it said it was air and oil cooled my mistake. Not sure why they feel that may be a great leap forward in engine design, seems the same as any other "air and oil cooled" engine that Harley or Yamaha and others have put out.

Dennis

1 - 20 of 65 Posts