GL1800Riders Forums banner

Victory Core Concept

1K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  Blade52 
#1 ·
#3 ·
That would be hilarious in the rain. One streak up the front and one up the back..... I'm with The Lobster ;) ....Don

#6 ·
Styling is what will kill this company. This is the second big ugly loser they have come up with in a row. Just my opinion. Everybody has one.

#8 ·
victory

That would be hilarious in the rain. One streak up the front and one up the back..... I'm with The Lobster ;) ....Don

But it has a carbon fiber rear fender (check under features) , well now I am sold that's all it took for me to jump on, :bow:. And the thing is that bike will probably be 15-18K sticker, can you imagine. To each there own as they say.

#9 ·
I agree that Victory is out there with some of their designs, but where would we be if eveything stayed the same and no one tried anything new. It is a concept bike, and how many concept bikes, cars etc ever see production. I give them credit for being innovative and bold enough to think outside the box.

#10 ·
Looks, well, interesting, but a couple features that will never see the light of day in production, like the sand cast Al frame and hardtail.

It is a nice design exercise, but as a concept, it seems to be a lot of hype, all out of proportion to the value the company will receive for it. Kinda like the Honda Dn-01, I'm afraid Big Red is gonna take a bath with that machine.

I believe more advantage would have accrued to Victory by more TV advertising, and by building a "standard" full house V-Twin tourer, with all the creature comfort touches that have become popular on such machines, and with more conventional (compared to the Vision) bags, touring trunk, and fairing.

I test rode a Vision, and it seeemed to be, well, "OK" as a tourer, but the storage space in the bags is compromised by the shape and electronic add ons, and it was geared too tall for the engine's power.

Guess that's why it's good to have as many companies in the mix as possible, so it's more likely that a person can find just what they want.

#12 ·
I think the design has some curb appeal; that said, I don't see it as a practicle unit to ride....at least for someone who has some years of wear and tear on their body. That bike would destroy what is left of my back and butt.

#13 ·
:joke::joke::joke::joke: They cannot be serious...I like a concept/naked/ standard bike as much as the next enthusiast...but really now, what child could possibly sit on that seat for more than 30 minutes...Oh wait! I guess it's for the poser/ride to the next bar crowd???? Then it'll work... :coffee1::doorag:

#14 ·
Well I like it and I like the confederates too! Granted not a touring bike but it looks like fun to me. :thumbup:

#16 ·
I agree that Victory is out there with some of their designs, but where would we be if everything stayed the same and no one tried anything new. It is a concept bike, and how many concept bikes, cars etc ever see production. I give them credit for being innovative and bold enough to think outside the box.
I would say way out of the box show ,pretender bike at best good luck
they Will need it .:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.