GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was watching tv and saw a victory that looked like a goldwing .
i did not catch its model
it looked a lot bigger than a wing .
it was listed at 25.000
it looked like a cheap clone
any one know what it was?

·
Registered
819 Posts
You must have seen the new Vision! Victory's version of a big tourer. They haven't said the engine size or a few other thing about it yet. Kinda futuristic looking!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Actually! My friend was looking into it and found out that the Vision's storage capacity is about 2500 cubic inches smaller than the Wing.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Detour said:
Actually! My friend was looking into it and found out that the Vision's storage capacity is about 2500 cubic inches smaller than the Wing.
There is supposed to be two versions of it and one doesn't have a trunk.

Don't remember what the capacities of the two are though.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Victory space shuttle

I think the idea is okay for Victory to build a touring bike, but their designers should be hung, in my view. It is just ugly, that rear fender looks downright stupid. If they build it some one will buy it though. I talk to a guy at Hoot last year who had a Victory and told me it has the worst trade in value of any bike he has owned. Even Victory wouldn't give him any thing for it. I think Victory builds a good lookning bike, but I would not own one. If I wanted a V-twin Touring bike I would have bought a HD Ultra Classic.

My .02

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
The new Victory and the Goldwing are both "touring" bikes....there ends the similarities.

V-twin of unknown size vs a 1800 cc 6 cylinder liquid cooled

The Victory ought to be compared to the HD

Nonetheless, it sure does look "interesting"

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Detour said:
OK I will bite, is 2500 cubic inches the size of a coffee cup? a car battery? Is there a cubic inch ruler???

·
Registered
364 Posts
Was Darth Vader their official design consultant..??

:shock:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Another veiw from a friend:

"When converting to gallons, which makes it easier to compare for me anyway, the new Vision comes up kinda short compared to the other touring motorcycles on the market when it comes to storage capacity (sidebags & trunk/tourpak):

Goldwing: 38.8 gal
Electra Glide Ultra Classic: 33.8 gal
Royal Star Venture: 33.6 gal
BMW K1200LT: 31.7 gal
Victory Vision: 29.2 gal"

Made sense to me!
LOL!

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
I don't care for a Air cooled V twin with belt drive as a touring bike. And if it cost $25000 --Why??? It's just a V twin.

I think Honda will be sending Victory a "Thank You" for designing it :lol:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
The only ideas I like are the electric adjustable windshield and air wings. Otherwise, the other US V-twin builder has plenty to worry about. :shock:

Since when do tourer riders like noisey exhausts? Anyway its still a thumper to me. :p

I can't wait to be offered a test ride by my local Victory dealer, then I'll offer him a test ride on my Wing. :twisted:

·
Registered
366 Posts
FireEater,
OK I will bite, is 2500 cubic inches the size of a coffee cup? a car battery? Is there a cubic inch ruler???
2500 cubic inches (ci) is a cube ~12.5" on each side (2460ci)

OR...a rectangle 1" x 25" x 100"

OR...any other rectangle where the width, length and height (all in inches) multiplied together equals 2500.

OR...any cylinder where PI (r-squared) H, with PI=3.1416, r=radius and H=height, equals 2500.

OR...any object with an internal volume of ~40.97 liters or ~10.83 gals.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I saw the vision at the NYC bike show the man i spoke to was in charge of the R&d Of it .... there is no MSRP of it yet an the top trunk will hold 2 helments..an they wont give out the cc,s yet...it has a builded in xm radio an the top trunk comes off an you put a panel there...i thought it was a sharp looking bike all but the V twin it will be out by the end of the year MAYBE

·
Registered
816 Posts
Victory

"I love the smell of Napalm in the morning. It smells like....victory"

Actually, I find the new Vision "street" version very good looking. I'm betting it's in the 2000cc range and Victory/Polaris is getting a good reputation on an excellent motor. I applaud them for stepping up and trying to build something that isn't HD clone.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Youse guys ought to be thankful that another manufacturer is stepping up to the plate for introducing another touring model, and ought to be encouraging more manufacturers to do the same. Yes, we have the best touring motorcycle on the market today, but how else are we going to get Honda to improve the idiosyncrasies that we are now experiencing with our present mount if it wasn't for the competition?

Ride safely,

Mike

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
Italian Stallion said:
Youse guys ought to be thankful that another manufacturer is stepping up to the plate for introducing another touring model, and ought to be encouraging more manufacturers to do the same. Yes, we have the best touring motorcycle on the market today, but how else are we going to get Honda to improve the idiosyncrasies that we are now experiencing with our present mount if it wasn't for the competition?
The problem is that it is not a real touring bike. It's just a run of the mill warmed over cruiser with saddlebags, a trunk and a fairing. It's been done before and there is nothing new or revolutionary about it except for the bizarre body work. That is not going to fool most touring riders. I wish someone really would build a "from the ground up" true touring bike to compete with the Wing and K1200LT, but the stuff that Harley, Victory, and Yamaha have come up with fall far short. Kawasaki and Suzuki are both capable but both of them seem to seem to have lost the desire to go heads up against Honda in the touring bike category.

Unfortunately we are a niche in the motorcycle market. The average rider seems to want a sport bike or cruiser, and that is what the mfrs focus on.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts