GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Vendor
22,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have a 2 disc DVD update video available to add on to my previous maintenance disc set. You can order the 2 disc update for the sale price of $19.95 with $1 for shipping via First Class US postal mail.

The link to my web site is here:
http://www.angelridevideos.com

The complete set now will be 16 discs instead of 14 and the new price on the complete set is now $99.95.

The Distributor will be closing for the Holidays after lunch on the 22nd, so any orders placed after then won't actually get shipped until Jan 2nd.

Here is the contents of the newly added discs. They not only cover some of the changes on the new models but I also added info that will apply to all model years, like rear brake pad replace and rear caliper removal and some other good info. There are also a couple short segments at the end of the last disc of some of my riding video I have shot from my helmet cam in California, Colorado, Montana, Utah, New Mexico etc, put to some generic (royalty-free) music.

A big thanks goes out to Loren Weeks for allowing me to use his 06 to film top shelter removal and air filter replacement on.

Disc 15
2006 GL1800 Update
Brake Rotor Deglazing
Rear Brake Pad Replace
Reverse Wire Problem

Disc 16
Rear Caliper R &R
Switch Repair
Cruise Control Noise Fix
Riding Travels 1
Riding Travels 2

·
Vendor
22,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
twyn said:
Thanks for the updates. What is 'Riding Travels 1 & 2'?
I think you will enjoy this part of the discs. It is some of my travels, shot from a helmet cam mounted to the bike, in Yosemite Park, Zion Park, Glacier Park, New Mexico Gila forest, Death Valley, California hwy 1, Avenue of the Giants, Colorado hwy 141, etc etc etc. I took all the highlights and best clips from the past couple of years and combined it into two short segments and put music to it. Some of it is really pretty awesome.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thanks Fred, Been waiting for a update. Can't wait to vew it. Just got done ordering it. Thanks again Don

·
Squating Member
7,055 Posts
Update order sent

Thanks Fred

Frank

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Thanx Fred, I just ordered my *update* 2 disk set.

It sure is nice having someone guide us through this stuff.

I can fix some of the most complicated heating equipment on the planet, but working on the bike scares me to death. I don't know why? especially after watching Fred's Videos, it seems all so simple :lol:

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
8)

Great stuff Fred. :wink:
But I'm gonna ask the dumbshit question: Are all the update subjects just for the 2006 models or am I over workin' this?? :roll:
Sorry fellas, I'm the guy next to the guy who wears the t-shirt with the arrow pointin' at me statin' "I'm with stupid". I do want to add 'em if they be applicable to my 2004. :wink:

·
Vendor
22,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
******* Dave said:
8)

Great stuff Fred. :wink:
But I'm gonna ask the dumbshit question: Are all the update subjects just for the 2006 models or am I over workin' this?? :roll:
Sorry fellas, I'm the guy next to the guy who wears the t-shirt with the arrow pointin' at me statin' "I'm with stupid". I do want to add 'em if they be applicable to my 2004. :wink:
The only item that is specific to the 2006 model is the first segment on the first disc. I remove the top shelter and do an air filter change on a 2006 Navigation model and show the differences in how the top shelter and electronics package come off as well as the heated seat and some other small changes.

All the other segments apply to all model years. I left off the rear brakes on the original so I added that to the update as well as some other stuff.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Fred, what about servicing the throttle grip and cables. I'm sure I need to remove the throttle grip and lube up the cables. I did that many times on my HD Ultra before coming to the good life of the wing. Just not sure how to handle this task. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts