GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
I did that same ride just about 4 weeks ago but I went from Silverton to Ouray. Went through both towns on July 4th. Lots of traffic. If I could have found a place to park, I would have explored a bit more. I was in Aspen and went through Independence Pass. That was a petty ride, also. Next time I will go and spend more time riding Colorado.:p

·
Registered
356 Posts
GLKeith, great video!

I rode the MDH on Monday; however, the skies were not quite as sunny as they are in your video. It was a great ride nevertheless.

·
Registered
999 Posts
GLKeith -- THANK YOU for taking the time to post the video, loved it! My son and I did that road all the way to Durango 4 years ago, that has to be one of my most favorite roads anywhere. Normally we ride staggered with me (the old guy) riding 2nd position closer to the shoulder, that day I rode behind him hugging the center line :thumbup:

Question for you: this year I have a GoPro camera and want to record lots of miles when I come out for Rockies Gold, what camera/resolution/mount did you use? It looks like you recorded in back of the windshield? Yes? I am in the process of practicing with the new camera a lot, want to make sure I have it down before getting there.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Nice video.. I roder that road back in May.. What kind of camera was it and where did you mount it?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I was near there last year but my wife said no to that road, maybe this year. Oh, and I noticed you hugged that center line a lot :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts