GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a JVC EVERIO hard drive video camera, trying to record a ride today using the camera on a RAM mount. It appears the hard drive can't take the vibration, even the little bit the GW has. The EVERIO also has a SD slot, I was wondering if recording to the SD card would work. Anyone have any experience using the EVERIO or similar hard drive video camera? Like to know before I waste money on the card then find out it won't work either.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
azjerry said:
I have a JVC EVERIO hard drive video camera, trying to record a ride today using the camera on a RAM mount. It appears the hard drive can't take the vibration, even the little bit the GW has. The EVERIO also has a SD slot, I was wondering if recording to the SD card would work. Anyone have any experience using the EVERIO or similar hard drive video camera? Like to know before I waste money on the card then find out it won't work either.

Thanks
I haven't recorded with a HD camera, but I have recorded on my Sabre and my TiWing. I used a regular Mini DV camcorder mounted on a ram ball mount that is attached to the front left engine guard. It's easy enough to get to, doesn't vibrate much and is very steady. I recently purchased the Oregon Scientific ATC2K Camera that uses SD cards (up to 2 GB) and will record at 640 x 480. The camera comes with several mounts including one for the helmet. The average price is around $129.00 but I was able to get it for $99.00. Vibration doesn't bother this camera.

I have some sample video posted on my Sabre site.

www.thesabrehood.org

I also have a splitter with an adjustable volume wheel to put the music from my ipod onto the video.

Matt

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was considering the engine guard but thought it puts the camera out in the elements too much. It probably would be a lot less vibration than my handlebar mount though. I might give it a try.

thanks

·
Registered
7,616 Posts
azjerry said:
I was considering the engine guard but thought it puts the camera out in the elements too much. It probably would be a lot less vibration than my handlebar mount though. I might give it a try.

thanks
Male a little bracket and put a hunk of plexiglass in front of the lens. Sure beats replacing the lens (which probably means replacing the camera).

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Waldo said:
azjerry said:

thanks
Male a little bracket and put a hunk of plexiglass in front of the lens. Sure beats replacing the lens (which probably means replacing the camera).
I just use a cheap filter. screws right in. but the rest of the camera isn't protected.. hmmmm...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts