GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The videos are great and I've been using them the last day. I have the bike ripped apart right now and just changed my air filter and put new front speakers in. I have to put a LOT more accessories on(fog lights, home link, Xm, entry lights, chrome rack and trunk light, 12v socket, rear speakers, etc. Plus I want to change the coolant).
So, on my PC, everything is great. I can download the videos, watch them on a DECENT player and so on. Phone is too small and I'm in my garage. So I'm taking my tablet with me. The tablet is a galaxy a7. This is a nightmare! Every time I pick up the tablet it auto rotates then the video starts over. Not to mention, I click on full screen and it doesn't want to work half the time. I have 300mps internet with a decent signal to my router and it disconnects or gets choppy sometimes. It would be nice if I could just download them. Anybody having these issues or have any suggestions. I'm going to try turning auto rotate off and see if that helps. I need to obviously use the videos with the tablet cause I've never taken a gold wing apart before and the skins are quite a task. Guess what? My inner hulk is coming out. I'm starting to turn green. It's going smooth. Just Tiiiiiiiiiime consuming!

BTW, I'm going to be disconnecting the battery. I don't think I'm going to have any important modules unplugged, but will that cause a code/ fault? I'm obviously going to need to run the bike and I'm still going to have it apart. Little things like the mirrors being off/ disconnected shouldn't, right? Thanks

·
Registered
9,623 Posts
Disconnecting the battery will never hurt anything and may save something. Will not cause a code fault.

Lock tablet orientation in landscape mode, shops screen from rotating.

If lose place in the video, press on screen then slide the bottom dot to the place in the video you want to go to. Takes a moment for the buffering to catch-up.

Sometimes the low ram of the tablet will cause choppiness on the video playback. Both restarting the tablet before playing the videos and closing other apps helps.

Reactions: bayrec1

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Seems like you tablet is the problem, not Vimeo or the vids.

I download vids to my laptop and carry it outside when I need to. Never a problem with it. My laptop is a 5ish year old Toshiba.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Download them and put them on a USB drive……watch them on your Galaxy from the drive.

I’ve never had a problem playing them from my Mac, iphone, iPad or directly from Vimeo.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Disconnecting the battery will never hurt anything and may save something. Will not cause a code fault.

Lock tablet orientation in landscape mode, shops screen from rotating.

If lose place in the video, press on screen then slide the bottom dot to the place in the video you want to go to. Takes a moment for the buffering to catch-up.

Sometimes the low ram of the tablet will cause choppiness on the video playback. Both restarting the tablet before playing the videos and closing other apps helps.
I know disconnecting the battery doesn't cause a fault. That's not what I was trying to ask. I know you can move ahead by using your finger in the video. It's just a royal pain cause you have to find the pinpoint spot you were at. Unlike some players like youtube that let's you go ahead 10 seconds or back. Even windows media player works great. It's the vimeo player and idk a way around it on the tablet. Thanks for the replies

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I have always downloaded and watched local. But then, I am using a laptop, not a phone or tablet. I also do not watch in high res. I don't need to see the fingerprints Fred may leave on anything......

·
Registered
17,613 Posts
I know nothing about tablet procedures, but I advise disconnecting the bike's negative terminal whenever working around electrical connections or when such are exposed. A simple fumble of a metal tool or part can pose a risk. It is easy enough to briefly reconnect to test things. When frustrated, take a breather and restart after collectiong your cool. All of this would be a great WINTER season project.

prs

Reactions: CAWing

·
Registered
2022 Blackwing Tour 6sp, Harley CVO Ultra - NW Chicago Burbs
222 Posts
What is the native file type for the videos once downloaded?

·
Registered
2016 F6B Standard
209 Posts
So, on my PC, everything is great. I can download the videos, watch them on a DECENT player and so on.
If you are actually downloading the videos then you can move the files from your PC to the Tablet using a USB drive, Google Drive, or Microsoft One drive.
The tablet is a galaxy a7. This is a nightmare! Every time I pick up the tablet it auto rotates then the video starts over. Not to mention, I click on full screen and it doesn't want to work half the time. I'm going to try turning auto rotate off and see if that helps.
The Samsung A7 is a modern enough tablet and you can turn off the Auto-Rotation feature in the device. Use the Samsung "Gallery" app. It will play videos without restarting when orientation changes.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've downloaded the videos to my laptop that I don't use anymore, and use it in the garage when I work on the bike.
I just don't understand why I need an internet connection/can't download to watch on the tablet but I can download them on the pc. Portability is what you need with these videos. Most will want to watch them while working on the bike , not on the pc in their office

·
Registered
2022 Blackwing Tour 6sp, Harley CVO Ultra - NW Chicago Burbs
222 Posts
Why can't you download them to your tablet? If it's space thing, see if you can add a secondary memory card with the videos installed.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you are actually downloading the videos then you can move the files from your PC to the Tablet using a USB drive, Google Drive, or Microsoft One drive.

The Samsung A7 is a modern enough tablet and you can turn off the Auto-Rotation feature in the device. Use the Samsung "Gallery" app. It will play videos without restarting when orientation changes.
I downloaded them to my desktop . Then i tried uploading them to google drive. I remember trying this weeks ago now. It works, but takes forever! I guess I'll have to wait. IDK why. My internet is fast and I use it on ps5 and streaming no porblems. I guess it will be a slow process.

IDK why the stupid thing starts the video over after it rotates, but I got it locked now. I'm learning :) Thanks a lot for the replies

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Google says 20 minutes to download the home link install video. But I just did it 5 minutes ago and now it says 10 min. remaining, so I'm getting there. It's working at least. I just checked my internet speed on speedtest and it only said 100mps. It is inconsistent sometimes. Cant wait to get rid of this t mobile. they are installing fiber optic on my street! Now it says failed to uplload! Well, I finally got it to work after trying over and over (doing the same thing). IDK why google drive just didnt want to accept the upload at first.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Google says 20 minutes to download the home link install video. But I just did it 5 minutes ago and now it says 10 min. remaining, so I'm getting there. It's working at least. I just checked my internet speed on speedtest and it only said 100mps. It is inconsistent sometimes. Cant wait to get rid of this t mobile. they are installing fiber optic on my street! Now it says failed to uplload! Well, I finally got it to work after trying over and over (doing the same thing). IDK why google drive just didnt want to accept the upload at first.
What's the advantage of google drive? Don't you still have to use the internet to view on Google Drive?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts