GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I check the VA forum every once in a while, to see if anyone has posted anything. Nothing has changed for almost a year now. Is there really no interest in a Virginia Goldwing community? I admit I like riding by myself more than with a group, but it would be good to get to know some of the other riders in VA.

John

·
Administrator
4,423 Posts
I think ya gotta just keep hounding 'em. Post a couple' times on the General Board. Good luck!

·
IronMan
17,459 Posts
WHAT /WHERE IS A VIRGINIA ! ????? :shrug::shrug::confused: AS STATED ABOVE KEEP TRYING . ALSO CK WITH DEALERS AROUND YOU SEE IF ANY WINGS IN AREA. BE SURPRISED HOW MANY AROUND AND NEVER HEARD OF FORUM. GOOD LUCK.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Are you offering a RTE?? You can always call a few riders out with the promise of food or ice cream.....
Just down the road from you.. B.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I'm starting into hay season, but will do what I can....seems I spend most of the best days between June and October on a tractor seat. Guess that makes me a cool weather rider!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are worse places to be, like sitting behind a computer all day! I tell my wife that some of my most relaxing time is when I'm bushogging the fields.

·
Registered
264 Posts
We were able get a few together about a year or so ago for a RTE in Gordonsville, at the BBQ place. I think that was the last time we met for a ride.

·
Registered
903 Posts
We were able get a few together about a year or so ago for a RTE in Gordonsville, at the BBQ place. I think that was the last time we met for a ride.
If you recall that RTE didn't go so well........ we ended up in 2 groups 20' apart, parked beside each other at the front door, dressed in riding gear...... and never saw each other!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
If you recall that RTE didn't go so well........ we ended up in 2 groups 20' apart, parked beside each other at the front door, dressed in riding gear...... and never saw each other!!
I do remember that, the planning did not go to well. We never really had a meeting place at the restaurant. The group I was with ended up splitting up during the ride, 3 of us ate dinner in Lexington, I did not get home until midnight. I am willing to try another get together if others are willing.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Ok. I'm willing to give it another try and commit to being a definite maybe...... B.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm definitely interested, as long as it doesn't fall on the weekend June 25th. I have a wedding to pay for, I mean attend, that weekend:)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just realized there WAS a Virginia forum.. I wouldn't mind getting to know some other local (region) riders.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Yup there is!! Been pretty stagnant around here lately.... We've managed a couple of RTE's but been quiet lately. Was down your way the weekend of the eclipse, stayed at Willville and rode NC, TN, KY, over a 4day weekend - til I broke down outside of Galax...and limped home. B.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Still standing by

1 - 15 of 15 Posts