GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made the 175 mile ride today to visit with Beverly and it was well worth the ride. Even the rain for the last 50 miles return trip was worth getting wet. She is in a medical rehab center in Palm Beach Gardens. A very nice place. Same as the last time I visited her in the hospital in Tampa, she broke into a large cheerful smile when I walked into her room. She said that I was the first one from our board to visit her there. We talked for about an hour mostly about riding. She is dead set on riding again. All she talked about is her love of riding her GW and how it made her feel. She was very alert and seemed to be much more aware of her surroundings. The cast she had on her right arm in the hospital is gone and she has limited movement of that arm. She can feed herself with her left arm and hand, but doesn't have much of an appetite. She is still being fed through tubes. We talked at length about equipping a trike with something that would allow her to get on and off, and store the wheel chair. She is adamant about riding again and that should help her through the long rehab process that she is facing. Her passion for what all of us do is as strong as I have ever seen in a person. She still has seisures that come and go without warning. She had a mild one while I was there and it looked very painful to her. She also has a bad cough that henders her from talking too much, as it pains her to cough. She had a roommate sharing the room but the lady checked out yesterday and now she has no one to talk to now. All in all it was a very good visit and she's doing much better, far from out of the woods, but much better.

Those of you who want to visit her, the rehab center is hard to find. The sign for the center is not on the road, Prosperity Farms rd. You have to look for a sign on the right hand side of the road heading south that says Prosperity Oaks and the number is 11383. I rode right past it and had to turn around and come back. It is only about 100 yds from PGA blvd. So when you turn south start looking for the sigh on the right.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Thanks for the update on Bev, John. That was thoughtful of you to make the trip down to Palm Beach Gardens. Kim and I will try to visit her in the next few weeks. I'm glad you mentioned the hidden location of the center. Your directions will be a great help to those of us wanting to ride down to visit her. Many thanks.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
I think I can make it down in 2-3 weeks.

Thanks for the update John..

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Thanks John.... I'm still going to see her Wed..... :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
John, thanks for taking the time to visit Bev. I don't know either one of you but am very concerned about her welfare.

Ride safe and have fun.

Thanks again for the update.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
good report and visit, John. I'm heading down there from Largo on Thursday.

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Thanks for the update....and thanks to all that can visit her...us that are far away and still work appreciate you all going to see her and wish her well on our behalfs.....

Maybe wheels or his friend that made the chair holder can come up with something, or some planes to build something like Wheels uses...that do-hicky is too cool.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Thanks for the update....and thanks to all that can visit her...us that are far away and still work appreciate you all going to see her and wish her well on our behalfs.....

Maybe wheels or his friend that made the chair holder can come up with something, or some planes to build something like Wheels uses...that do-hicky is too cool.
I've never met Beverly but she sounds like a fighter. Sounds like she's a realist, too, so maybe she would be interested in this site disabledmotorcyclerider.com
I sure hope for her recovery.

·
Registered
608 Posts
John,

Glad you were able to get down to see Beverly. I know how much she appreciates people visiting because when I visited her in Tampa she recited the list of people who had stopped by and her smile just got bigger with each name.

I may get over there this weekend if I can ditch some of my chores around the house.

For anyone who visits Beverly, try to post your info in the Update thread. That is where most people are looking for that type of info.

Jeff

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
You guys that are able to see her, Thank You!! I'm sure it means the world to her.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
John;

I'm glad to hear Bev is doing better, I've been putting her in my
prayers every day. I'm really glad to hear she is not giving up on
riding motorcycles...

You go Bev...

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
I've never met Beverly but she sounds like a fighter. Sounds like she's a realist, too, so maybe she would be interested in this site disabledmotorcyclerider.com .
Interesting web site, with lots of information and resources. And it's not far from me in Palmetto (near Bradenton/Sarasota). I'll pass this on to Beverly when I see her on Thursday. Thanks for posting the link. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Thanks for the update. I do not know her but know people like her and hope her the best.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts