GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to go to Atlanta for business, and was in the neighborhood of Traxxion, since I had them do the front and rear at Wing Ding in Nashville, I decided to pay 'em a visit.

Max and Mike were very gracious hosts as they showed me around their place. Very impressive throughout. All aspects of the building were immacculate, extremely professional. From the machine shop where the parts are manufactured (yes, they make 'em all right there) to the shop where they are installed, all was neat, clean, and organized. That, and after talking with Max and Mike I can see why they have such a great product.

Thanks again for taking time out of your day, to give me a tour!

Mike

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
First class people, products, equals excellent sales. Its that simple. I just dont understand why other companies cant follow that.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have my wife convinced that it is a great upgrade but now I have to convince myself that it is worth the money.

Would someone chime in and give their thoughts on this product.

Just how much better will my wing handle?

It was over $1,000 for the front upgrade and I didn't see the rear upgrade on the website.

Can you just upgrade the front without doing the rear?

For this kind of money it needs to be the kind of difference between a Chevette and a Corvette.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Well let me chime in here. As one of the first folks to get the front forks done I can tell you my experience with the Traxxion cartridges for over 20,000 miles.
It is the best money that I have spent on my Wing,and I have spent a lot!

It does just what Max and the gang says it does. Your handling will improve to the point that it feels like a totally different bike.The ride improvement has to be felt to really appreciate it. Trying to describe it to someone does not do it justice. It is a whole new experience . It makes the Wing feel like a sport bike as far as the handling goes and makes the ride much more plush.

I had the Works rear shock on mine so I cant comment on the rear shock. I think that you do need to do both to get the full potential of the upgrade.

All in all money well spent. That is my two cents worth.

Redeye

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Probably the only way to convince you is to ride a Traxxion equipped Goldwing. If you can make it over to Traxxion in GA or one of the many shops that are now certified installers you may be able to get a test ride!

The difference between a Chevette and a Corvette? Couldn't tell you, never driven either vehicle, I can tell you my Wing has far more cornering capability than I'm willing to try right now! (I'm taking a cornering class next week at Willow Springs Raceway to improve on that). The unexpected improvement was the quality in the overall ride. It soaks up bumps very nicely now on the Super Slab, it is a firmer ride but without all the bouncing around! I love it!!

In fact I was enjoying myself so much on Angelus Crest Highway yesterday that I wasn't paying much attention to my speed, just the road, man was I smiling :D

That was until the CHP around one of the last corners going home tagged me with his laser, didn't even have a chance to hit the brakes when the radar detector went off, he had me... and waved me on over :cry:

The laser said 72 mph in a 55, could have been a lot worse a few miles up the road for me, bottom line I got the ticket and I deserved it. I even think the CHP was upset in writing me for only 72, while he was writing me up several sport bikes passed by at "Excessive" speed!

·
Registered
54 Posts
The web site states the cost installed.

Then they give you instructions to send your forks/rear shock in to them.

I guess you are to take your front forks/rear shock and mail them in to them and that is installed.

Then they send them back to you for you to put your bike back together.

I was hoping they would install them on the bike or have service centers around the country do it.

It would be hard for me to do without my bike that long.

I don't park my bike for any season.

Did the last post mention certified installers around the country?

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Several shops have been certified (via onsite training at Traxxion) over the past few months.

Give Max a call or email for a shop near you,

TRAXXION DYNAMICS, INC.
261 Rope Mill Pkwy, Ste. 3
Woodstock, GA 30188

Phone: 770-592-3823
Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Did he blow you a tune on the Saxaphone?

"Blow Daddy" 8)

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Chiming in...WELL WORTH THE MONEY!!!!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chiming in:

Yes, it does cost $$$, but, I can tell you, the ride to Nashville was good, the ride back to Phoenix was GREAT!

Like Paul says, the bumps are non-existent, and the handling in the curves makes you forget about the speedo.

On the way to Nashville I knew when I hit a bump or gap in the superslab, after I had the Traxxion front and rear done, I was aiming for the bumps and gaps to see if Traxxion really did their job....they did!

If you haven't had it done it is difficult to convince you to part with the dollars, but, if you have an opportunity to ride a test bike you WILL know the difference!

Put it this way, I will have this Wing for a while, because I have it set up the way I want it, it is a bike made for long rides, and that is what I do with it, but when the time comes down the road for a new Wing, there are several "must haves" on the bike, and Traxxion is one of them.

Difference: night and day.

Mike

·
Registered
54 Posts
Not one bad reply anywhere.

Sounds like I will need to find a shop because if I don't do this now, the wife may not let me later.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I had the full setup installed the beginning of January 06.

This is the best money that I have ever spent and would do it again in a heart beat.

The wing is like riding a laser with Traxxion front and rear!!!! Extremely precise ride. 16,000 miles on this set up and it keeps getting better.

My dealer loves taking it for test rides after servicing. Each of the guys in service asked if they could ride it through the parking lot at one time or another. None of them coule believe the increased handling.

Chuck
MBD

·
Road Warrior
1,322 Posts
I had the whole system done ( Front springs and Cartridge Kit, Rear Shock Upgrade, All Balls Steering Head Bearings, Kuryakyn Fork Brace)
on July 23. I have 36,000 miles on the system with one front fork oil change and couldn't be happier. It is the best money I have spent on the bike so far and believe me, I have spent a lot on the bike :)

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I tried to figure out the cost from the website, but gave up. I guess I was just tires... How much is the full monty? Front and rear?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rinkopr said:
I tried to figure out the cost from the website, but gave up. I guess I was just tires... How much is the full monty? Front and rear?
I did the whole nine yards (minus the fork brace) at Wing Ding, it was around $2300. Well worth it.

Mike

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
mmmhoss,

sounds like a nice three days, one to get there, less than a day while they do the upgrade and a day back to Arkansas. The ride back will be great..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts