GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
51 years old and I had never been to a Dairy Queen. I saw all the posts about DQ on this site and mentioned them to my wife. She finally looked on the web and found one that was about 5 miles from our home. We went (I so badly wanted to take the Gold Wing but couldn't bring myself to do it) and I tried one of those Blizzards with Heath Bar chunks. Geez Louise!!! It was good, but I don't think I can ever do that again. It took days for my system to recover. (Been a vegan all my life and not used to all that dairy)

See, there's all kinds of cultural ideas found on these boards!

W

·
0 Posts
Dorian_Blue said:
51 years old and I had never been to a Dairy Queen. I saw all the posts about DQ on this site and mentioned them to my wife. She finally looked on the web and found one that was about 5 miles from our home. We went (I so badly wanted to take the Gold Wing but couldn't bring myself to do it) and I tried one of those Blizzards with Heath Bar chunks. Geez Louise!!! It was good, but I don't think I can ever do that again. It took days for my system to recover. (Been a vegan all my life and not used to all that dairy)

See, there's all kinds of cultural ideas found on these boards!
FIRST TIME??????????? Geeeeeeeezzzzzz. Let me guess, your thin, good shape, handsome, and don't have any bad habits.........How close am I?????................................ :shock:

http://www.dairyqueen.com/en-US/default.htm

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wi_Winger said:
FIRST TIME??????????? Geeeeeeeezzzzzz. Let me guess, your thin, good shape, handsome, and don't have any bad habits.........How close am I?????................................ :shock:
I smoke, drink more than I should, and have been told in February that I should go ahead and remove my Halloween mask. I could probably stand to lose 10 pounds or so but between the Wing, rock climbing, and my wife I don't get much time to put on the weight. But I tell you what, that Dairy Queen stuff is lethal. To hell with military action, if we just start opening Dairy Queens in the middle east they'll start sending us all the oil we want!

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Yea, it's funny reading all the remarks about Gold Wings and Dairy Queens as I have really only been to one from time to time when I was a kid. When I ride by one these days, I always think about the Dairy Queen posts. There have been a few times this past summer when I wanted to stop at a Dairy Queen with my Wing just for the heck of it, and take a few gag pictures of my Wing next to the Dairy Queen sign, but I am never hungry at the time when I'm riding by one.

W

·
0 Posts
Dorian_Blue said:
I smoke, drink more than I should, and have been told in February that I should go ahead and remove my Halloween mask. I could probably stand to lose 10 pounds or so but between the Wing, rock climbing, and my wife I don't get much time to put on the weight. But I tell you what, that Dairy Queen stuff is lethal. To hell with military action, if we just start opening Dairy Queens in the middle east they'll start sending us all the oil we want!
:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: Now that's Funny!!!!

·
Registered
375 Posts
DQ and motorcycle touring go hand-in hand. Ride all day and then in the late afternoon hit the DQ for a burger and a Blizzard. Then ride some more.

Mom, Apple pie, DQ.

Don't get no better than that!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Dorian...just finished reading about some of your rides on your web site. I enjoyed reading about your IB ride with Tim.

I hope one day to do one, but I like taking my time and stopping to check out the areas I'm riding through. But like folks say, ya gotta do it at least once..LOL.

As for the DQ, I have to limit myself there. The darn bike hates riding past it though. :)

Dep

·
Registered
195 Posts
Oooohhhh, the strawberry blizzards with the chocolate chunks in them are sooooo gooood..... :D

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Dorian, those DQs are necessary for the economy. Keeps Russell, Diamond, Traxxion, Progressive, in business. And the Chocolate Covered Cherry Blizzards are the way to go....... :pig1:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
The DQ persona is or maybe was an urban myth...

There are several DQ's in the N Phoenix area and I have never seen a wing at one...not even mine :D ....so me thinks it's one of those myths built up over time.

You will see me and the wing at the local coffe shop on occasion....along with other brands of two wheeled vehicles.

·
Registered
311 Posts
bcramer said:
Oooohhhh, the strawberry blizzards with the chocolate chunks in them are sooooo gooood..... :D
Can't for the LIFE OF ME figure out who in the heck decided that FRUIT belonged in the same dish as ice cream. That's like puttin' catsup (ketchup?) on your cereal. Now, peanut butter, chocolate, caramel, butterscotch, HOT FUDGE...now THAT'S a winning combo ! (hold the cherry please...)

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
GWRRA folks seem to really like DQ.

I don't like going there because none of their food tastes real. Ice cream sure isn't. I bet the burgers are soy, too. I bet the water is fake as well.

David M.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
BLilly said:
bcramer said:
Can't for the LIFE OF ME figure out who in the heck decided that FRUIT belonged in the same dish as ice cream. That's like puttin' catsup (ketchup?) on your cereal. Now, peanut butter, chocolate, caramel, butterscotch, HOT FUDGE...now THAT'S a winning combo ! (hold the cherry please...)
You have never had apple pie a la mode? How about cherry pie a la mode? Or is it different when you put the ice cream on top of the fruit? :lol:

Ice cream is like butter. You can use it with many different foods. :D

I like the Butterfinger Blizzard. I always ask for their largest (some have extra large sizes). That turns into lunch for me.

I also like a peach blizzard, when I am on a diet. :lol:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
David M. said:
GWRRA folks seem to really like DQ.

I don't like going there because none of their food tastes real. Ice cream sure isn't. I bet the burgers are soy, too. I bet the water is fake as well.

David M.
Their water is reconstituted from dehydrated.

I think the GW riders go there because they are less likely to run into HD riders. :D

I do like the DQ food. Chicken strips, big burgers, fish... Mmmmm.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
When I was growing up...every 2 years my Dad and us would drive from the east coast to Arizona (My Dad is a Arizona Native). My dad would stop at any DQ we saw along the way...Yep it was a real treat...I still do...

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
peanut buster parfait.....peanut buster parfait.....peanut buster parfait.....

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
8)

Our My Wing takes us to Bar-B-Q places versus the ice cream places, havin' the wife be a lactose victim helps with that and even Cracker Barrel is better!!! :wink:

:flg:

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
My wife and I will take the BELTBUSTER w/bacon and cheese and top it off with a Buster Bar!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts