GL1800Riders Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Closetchef said:
peanut buster parfait.....peanut buster parfait.....peanut buster parfait.....
With you CC, but not enoguh hot fudge, gotta' ask for extra :lol:

Mike

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I'm Diabetic, do they have any sugar free ice cream? :lol: If not, I guess I'll never be a true Winger. :lol: 8)

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
I'm Diabetic, do they have any sugar free ice cream?
Their ice cream may not be sugar free, but is close to having no nutritional value......Just like having cherry pie and liking it to fruit - any resemblance of cherries as a fruit to cherry pie was destroyed in the kitchen..... :lol:.........better eating thru chemistry......

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
GaryG said:
The DQ persona is or maybe was an urban myth...

There are several DQ's in the N Phoenix area and I have never seen a wing at one...not even mine :D ....so me thinks it's one of those myths built up over time.

You will see me and the wing at the local coffe shop on occasion....along with other brands of two wheeled vehicles.
It may have originated as a myth but its definitely been perpetuated by the Gold Wing community. I remember the first time I joined the GWRRA and looked at all the calendars of chapters in the region so I could join some of them for a ride. It was surprising to see how many of them had a Dairy Queen targeted in their route.

In general eating is a focus point in a lot of social functions. When friends come to town we show them the sites and always end up at a special restaurant with fine local cuisine. When families have get-togethers they are always centered around a meal. Each holiday we Americans celebrate includes a special kind of meal... Turkey and Pumpkin Pie for Thanksgiving, Prime Rib at Christmas, Ham at easter, BBQ for the 4th of July, steaks on the outdoor grill for Memorial Day, and so on.

The nice thing about ice cream is that just about everyone likes it. Its not necessarily good for you, but so what... every once in a while you gotta indulge. So when you get a bunch of Wingers together for a fun wholesome outing, why not include ice cream? Wingding and GWRRA Regional Rallies always include some kind of ice cream social. And if you are out for a ride with a group and feel the need for a snack, why not ice cream? Again, just about every body likes it and there is something to be said for a cool refreshing ice cream on a warm summer ride. DQ becomes the natural ice cream of choice, there aren't too many 31 Flavors, Foster Freezes or Farrell's Ice Cream Parlors in the rural areas. And the non-ice cream crowd can always get a burger or something else to clog their arteries during the stop.

I got no problem with identifying Wingers with DQ. I don't really want to be identified as a biker that is into the Strip Bar Beer drinking scene. I think my next cross country trip on the wing will include stopping at most Dairy Queens we pass just to take a picture of the wing under the DQ sign. Then I can make a blog with pictures showing stuff like, "This is the DQ that was closest to the Bear Tooth Highway, this is the DQ that was closest to Niagara Falls, this is the DQ that was near Hwy 12 in Utah, etc..."

God put Dairy Queen on this planet for a purpose. I'll be mighty proud to pull into one of their parking lots in the future, even if it is just to perpetuate the Urban Legend.

Out of curiousity, do the Non-North Americans participants on this board have an equivalent of Dairy Queen in their countries? Are Wing riders associated with them?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Arn Butt Bill said:
Every culture has it's holiest of holy journeys...
Perhaps a couple White Castle sliderz washed down with a DQ hot fudge sundae, now there's the ticket!

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Never been to a DQ... that is just down right un-American! I am quite the PBP junky my self (like Chef and Bbatman) and OH YEAH the more H.F. the better!

Although I must say that I much prefer the small local Ice Cream stops over DQ, they tend to have better quality ice cream. certainly when I can't find one we'll settle for a good old Culver's.

Who, some of you may say, well let me tell you this is the best Burger and Frozen Custard Place there is (for a chain restaurant), local to the mid-west and west. Of course my all time favorite fast food burger is in the South and that would be Whataburger!

Damn, all this talk about Ice Cream is makin me hungry! :eat2:

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Dorian_Blue said:
51 years old and I had never been to a Dairy Queen. I saw all the posts about DQ on this site and mentioned them to my wife. She finally looked on the web and found one that was about 5 miles from our home. We went (I so badly wanted to take the Gold Wing but couldn't bring myself to do it) and I tried one of those Blizzards with Heath Bar chunks. Geez Louise!!! It was good, but I don't think I can ever do that again. It took days for my system to recover. (Been a vegan all my life and not used to all that dairy)

See, there's all kinds of cultural ideas found on these boards!
You had better not go back or you will find just how expensive it can be. When you find out how quick you will out grow your riding cloths and then you will need to add traxxion suspension for the ability to carry the extra LARD :)

LOL

21 - 28 of 28 Posts