GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't want to start another fire-storm by posting in the General Forum, so I'm only posting this here, for the Florida folks....

I know some people are a bit tentative about visiting someone in hospital or a nursing home..., especially if they dont really know the person personally. So here's my idea..., for what it's worth.

If you're planning on visiting Beverly, or would like to visit her, at the Heartland Healthcare Center, post it here, and maybe two or three folks can hook up and visit together. I know TJ and JohnACman are planning visits, and I'm hoping to ride down there one day next week. So post your plans here, and maybe it will encourage others to join in.

From my visits to see Beverly at Tampa General, I can tell you for a fact that she just turns on like a light bulb when she gets company..., so try and get in to see her. I know it might be a long ride to Palm Beach Gardens for some folks, but if it was any of us lying in a hospital bed, Beverly would be the first one to ride any distance to visit.

Heartland Healthcare Center
11375 Prosperity Farms Rd
Palm beach Gardens, FL

Post your plans here, and lets see what we can do to cheer her up a bit.

:thumbup:

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm planning on visiting Beverly on Thursday, March 26th. Not sure about the time, till I check and see how long it should take me to get there from Largo. I'll a post a tentative time once I figure it out.... ;)

OK..., I'm figuring somewhere around noon to 1:00pm...

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
I have some clients in that area. I will schedule a visit there and see Beverly in about 2-3 weeks...

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
I went today for a visit. See thread for the write up. If you are planning to visit the place is hard to find. No sign on the road, Prosperity Farms rd. You have to look for a sign on the right hand side, heading south, that says Prosperity Oaks and the number is 11383.

I had a real good hour visit with her and she is looking much better, more alert and seems in good spirits.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I was planning on Good Friday (April 10th) or Saturday the 11th. Kim won't be joining me because her father had another heart attack (he's 82 and this is his third) so she'll be up in Pennsylvania for about a month helping her mother out. Anyone planning on Good Friday weekend, let me know if you want to hook up. I'm only about 25 minutes away from Heartland Medical Center.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you are planning on visiting Beverly, the following might help.

The entrance is a bit tricky to spot at first. The sign reads "Prosperity Oaks" and is in the middle of lots of trees. If you are coming south on Prosperity Farms Rd from PGA Blvd, there's a new Dunkin Donuts on the right (good place for folks to meet up) at the end of a strip plaza. At the rear of Dunkin Donuts is a driveway, which is the exit from the DD drive-through and a service drive for the strip plaza. Just past this driveway is the entrance to Prosperity Oaks and Heartland Healthcare Center. Turn in here, then IMMEDIATELY turn left into the Heartland Healthcare Center. If you miss this left, the drive will take you to Prosperity Farms, and this is the WRONG place. You can easily follow the drive around and back to get to the right place.

After you've been there once it's pretty easy to get in..., but a bit confusing the first time around. ;)

Use a bit a caution when parking, as the entrance is a dead-end at the main entrance, so pick a spot before driving all the way up to the entrance, if possible, to avoid getting jammed up with vehicles stopped at the front. Go in the main entrance, sign the sign-in book, and then look for Beverly in Room 211. If you want to check on her schedule (physio, x-rays, etc) before going, give her a call at 561-626-9702 (Main number).

·
Registered
334 Posts
Just a follow up to Brian's post here.
Things have changed location wise for where Bev is.
I went to the place where she was in Palm Beach, only to find that Bev has been transferred to a Hospital in Jupiter, Florida. She is fine, but needs additional attention.

I, and Doreen, my wife, met Bev and her sister Rene while there in Jupiter, and then also had the pleasure of meeting Cliff, and Jeff from the GL1800 group, who were also visiting.

I believe that it is right to let Jeff give the details of the day, as he has done so much to help everyone in this situation, so I will just mention that Bev is alert and as intent on all of her future plans becoming fact, and that it is wonderful to chat with her. It was a pleasure to meet all the people that I met today, and look forward to being involved in anything I can help out with in days and weeks to come.

Harry.

Hang in there Bev, you can do it !!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Thanks for the update...

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bump

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Everything being equal, we plan on visiting Beverly on Friday (Apr 17)..., then we'll be staying over somewhere in the Ft Lauderdale area so that we can have dinner at Ernie's BBQ. Then on Sat morning, we'll ride down to US 41 and take it back through the Everglades to Everglades City for lunch.

Not sure what time we'll be at Heartland Health Care, but I'm figuring sometime around noon to 1:00pm. :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts