GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to locate a clip on visor extension for the visor of a helmet. Intended use is to shield your eyes from the rising or setting sun by clipping the visor extension to the visor of your helmet with a spring clip.
Does anyone on this board know where one might secure one or two?
Having used several search engines I have not been able to come up with the manufacture or supplier of them. Local accessory shop sold them but when they changed owners the item was dropped from their selection of goods.

Thanks
Farmer Jack

·
Registered
455 Posts
Paint your shield

I agree it is hard to find a good visor and searched endlessly and also found the SuperVisor. However it doesnt work if you ride with your full face helmet visor int the up position!
It is easier to hear the radio with the shield up. On the coldest days, I ride with the shield up. The Wings windshield does all the wind blocking I need. No noise issues to speak of. What ? (only mild hearing loss)
So what is the solution? Screw on one of those 3/4 helmet visors to your full face? Might be a tad on the funky looking side of things.
I took an old shield, sprayed it the color of my helmet and locked it in the up position. Be sure it is locked real good. You dont want an it to close while you are moving. In the up position the shield makes a very good visor. 8)

·
Registered
21,020 Posts
i had a supervisor and it worked great

for about 15,000 miles

then the faceshield cracked, actually broke where the pivot holes were

i do ride with the faceshield open most of the time so with the supervisor atached that probably put on quite a bit of extra stress and causes the crack-break

new faceshield for my Arai helmet was about $30 , didn't put the supervisor back on but sure did miss it

eventually bought a fullface Arai XD which comes with a very nice sunvisor and i love it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts