GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from Tampa, visiting with Beverly and Rene. Beverly is alert and had a big smile on her face when I went into her room. She can't speak with the Treakiea(sp) tube in her throat, but can mouth words and I was able to understand some of what she was saying. She is doing better and continues to heal, but it's going to be a very long time before she is out of the woods. As you would expect she had tubes going everywhere and the nurse came in 3 times in 45 minutes to do the things they do with all these tubes. A big supprise was that she had her little Yorkie, Kalli, in the room with her in a carring case. I never heard a peep out of her the whole time I was there. Well trained dog. Rene and I had lunch in the Hospital cafatera and had a good talk about what her needs will be around her house. When Rene and I was getting up to leave, a Canadaian guy named BrianH walked up. He had been up to her room and Beverly told him where to find us. I think he will also post a thread about his visit with Beverly and Rene. All and all she is doing as well as she can for her extent of injuries, but she seemed to be in very good sprits and smiled a lot. This is a good sign.

If anyone else wants to go a visit her she is in room 5124K, which is on the west side of the hospital by the bay. 5th floor. There is motorcycle parking on the gorund floor of the parking garage (that I missed seeing untill after parking up on the 3rd level) and Beverly has parking vouchers to skip the paying part.

Rene told me that in 3 weeks or so Beverly is suppose to be transfered to West Palm Beach for rehap so you might want to check and see if she is still at Tampa General if going at that time.

·
Registered
276 Posts
John,

A look outside here, and it's a dreary day.

Then I read your post and it brightened the day.

Thanks.

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Big smile here after reading this......hang tough Bev.....they many prayers are working....keep them coming.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The smile I got out of her was worth the 2.5 hour ride over there in all the traffic and worse traffic back home to Orlando. I think she will fight as hard as she can to overcome this.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Thanks, can't get enough good news about Bevely.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Great report, John. Thank you for visiting Bev and sharing with us.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
:thumbup: Thanks for the report John.....

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
John..Thank you for this report..Bev is still in my Prayers..We are all hoping that she has a good outcome through all of this.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts