GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 wing.I purchased the panel with the volt meter on the right side.I have been told there is a connection inside somewhere to plug in. should there be an empty plug inside somewhere?I'll appreciate any assisting to my quandry. thnx:bow:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just extended the wiring and ran it back to the electrical terminals next to the battery. I like the voltmeter location, as it is easy to read while riding.

Greg

G

·
I did the same panel, and heck if I could find the connection that is supposed to be there. I just ran wires back to the battery, switched terminal, with a fuse inline incase something rubs through.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
On my '01 the connector was behind the right speaker. There was very little slack in the wire. :-(

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
8,094 Posts
With the 01, and 02 model the red connector is up by the right mirror...you really need to remove the top shelter to get at it good. With the 03 to 05 model the red power connecter is under the right fairing pocket in a rubber boot cover to the left of the radiator cap. With the 06 and up models Honda deleted it.

·
Registered
577 Posts
'05 Connector

I plan on buying a generic digital voltmeter. Where can I buy a factory style plug to plug it into the factory supplied plug?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts