GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have installed digital volt meters on the GL1800, can you tell me what the meter reads while the bike is at idle and what it reads at a normal cruise.

Mine is reading about 14.2 volts at idle (give or take a few tenths) and I haven't had it on the road yet to know what it reads at cruise.

Thanks,

·
Registered
314 Posts
That's about what mine reads, and 14.3 14.5 when cruising depending on the amount of accessories turned on. If I use the electric jacket and gloves then it hovers around 14.2 or so while cruising.

Rich

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Mine is always around 14 - 14.3.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
mine is 14.2, 14.1 with electric jacket on. As long as 14 shows, don't worry. Its the voltage when off that shows the battery condition, the 14 is charging and load condition. Off position is generally 12 volts or better.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GL03 said:
mine is 14.2, 14.1 with electric jacket on. As long as 14 shows, don't worry. Its the voltage when off that shows the battery condition, the 14 is charging and load condition. Off position is generally 12 volts or better.
When you say off position, do you mean engine off and key in "on" position, or engine off with key in ACC position. Also do you have a feel for how long the battery should maintain a 12 volts or better reading in the off position.

Thanks,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts