GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am waiting for my voltmeter to arrive, started looking for a plug on the right side under the shelter, it was my understanding that there is a factory plug in there somewhere that i can simply plug into, i can't seem to find it, or can someone tell me if it is there or do i have to splice it in ??
thanks

·
Registered
276 Posts
If yours is a 2006 or later

Seems that Honda decided we didn't need any aux power on the right side of the bike any longer. Sure was nice to have it on the 2001-2005 though. Easiest answer is to plug into the left side aux plug and extend the wire across to the right side.

Electrical connections makes an extension for that purpose.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually i just went and found the one on the left side, red plastic with a green and a green/black wire, 2 prong, sure is handy to have on the left side and normal place for meter is on right, i had thought that i read here before that there was a spare plug on the right but there is definatly not one on my 02,

·
Registered
125 Posts
There is one on the 02. It is just hard to find. Way up by the mirror. Had to remove right mirror to get to it.

Dorsey
Tucson

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i reached up into the area by the right mirror, felt in and around behind speaker and there it was, wrapped with the wires going to the mirror, it's a green plastic with also a green and green/black wire, 2 prong.
thanks guy's

G

·
0 Posts
When you have the panel off that the volt meter goes in, look by the tank and you will see a large rubber boot with a bunch of wires in it. The spare wire is hidden inside that boot (at least it was on my 04). It is a red plug with a dark green wire and a light green wire with a stripe. Trust me it is there, just hard to find cause it is hidden up in that boot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts