GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a voltmeter from Honda Marine. I am pretty much electrical challanged. The meter has a prong for a switch ? and one that goes to the ground, one to the positive side of the battery, and another to the sending unit. This is where I am confused. If anyone has hooked up one of these I would appreciate some help how you hooked it up. As usual I know that I will find the answer very quickly on this board.

Wayne

·
Registered
33 Posts
Pull the fuse box cover off and located in the upper right corner is the auxillary points. Here is where you need to connect the voltmeter.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Voltmeter Hookup

Three connections:
One goes to a ground, one goes to a convienient switched +12 volt source - such as is available at the aux power connector under the right pocket (intended for the heated grips). The third connection is for the internal lamp and can be jumpered to the +12 volt terminal on the meter. It draws almost no current so you can use 3M scotchlock tap connectors.

There is no sending unit it measures voltage directly - you are thinking water temp or oil pressure sending units which are essentially variable resistors.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Volt meter

right hand pocket just like the post above.I cut the plug off and used both hot and ground,then make a jumper for the light.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Voltmeter wiring

For those of you that mounted a round marine/other type volt meter under the right fairing pocket, what did you wire into for power. If you went all the way over to the other side of the bike to the fuse block, how did you route the wires.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts