GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else annoyed by the 1-2 sec delay in actual volume change from when you toggle the level at the hand control?
I keep hoping with each update that Honda will address this issue, however the latest update (march 2020) is the same. The latest issue was trying to get the iPhone Nav volume to a usable level, it was too low to hear and it can't be changed while in motion unless you can catch it while it's actively in use. So you need to pull off the road, pull the phone out of the compartment, take off your gloves and try to set the level to what you think will be correct. Pull back onto the roadway wait for the Nav to make an announcement to see if the level works. If not then you're back to pulling over and repeat the process. Of course if the announcement is long enough and you can hit the toggle switch quickly you may just get the volume to change before the announcement stops... Again that 1-2 sec delay is a huge concern.
Has someone figured out a way to remove the delay, or perhaps this only happens to me!

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
While moving...you can turn the music volume up with the console dial...but while stopped the console dial changes the map zoom...but there is no delay using the console dial to change the volume while moving.

·
15 year Member
6,800 Posts
No problems here.. the center knob is “delayless” went for a short ride today and all I did was change volumes Handelbar and center NO DELAY whatsoever..... you better take it back to the dealer before it explodes!!

mattbcnv

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
Anyone else annoyed by the 1-2 sec delay in actual volume change from when you toggle the level at the hand control?
I keep hoping with each update that Honda will address this issue, however the latest update (march 2020) is the same. The latest issue was trying to get the iPhone Nav volume to a usable level, it was too low to hear and it can't be changed while in motion unless you can catch it while it's actively in use. So you need to pull off the road, pull the phone out of the compartment, take off your gloves and try to set the level to what you think will be correct. Pull back onto the roadway wait for the Nav to make an announcement to see if the level works. If not then you're back to pulling over and repeat the process. Of course if the announcement is long enough and you can hit the toggle switch quickly you may just get the volume to change before the announcement stops... Again that 1-2 sec delay is a huge concern.
Has someone figured out a way to remove the delay, or perhaps this only happens to me!
Is your phone connect to the bike with BT as well as the lightning cord?

·
Registered
560 Posts
I’m still using the original file that came on the wings from the factory back in 2018. No delays at all. Whether it be Bluetooth, fm radio or aux thumb drive music.

·
Registered
986 Posts
My iPhone has always been paired to my bike via Bluetooth. I just don't have it paired to my helmet.

·
15 year Member
6,800 Posts
Lots of misinformation on this thread.... iPhone Bluetooth should be off.... iPhone is hardwired to the system, the system provides the helmet com via the SYSTEMS Bluetooth NOT the phone???

RTFM

mattbcnv

·
Registered
986 Posts
My iPhone Bluetooth is always turned on. No issues with CarPlay or making calls. Just made a Bluetooth phone call while not hardwired to bike.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts