GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a CHEAP volume control for the passenger.

I know that Hal has a Volume control + PTT for the passenger, but its $121.

Surely there is a cheaper one or one that I can make.

Any ideas.

Thanks,

Barry

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Either kennedy or J&M products did make an individual volume control that just plugged in line. Was $40, but not sure if it was discontinued. Great craftsmanship and product.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
The Honda control isn't inexpensive but it is CHEAP, that is it doesn't work worth a Tinkers D___.

Look around for the Volume control from J&M. It works from full on to full off and goes for around $50. J&M no longer lists it in their catalog but you may find it at some of the On-Line stores.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Jerry Roebke said:
The Honda control isn't inexpensive but it is CHEAP, that is it doesn't work worth a Tinkers D___.
This is the one audio add-on I got from Honda that I'm not happy with. Everything else works great, but when I consider the money I spent on this, and the time it took me to install it, it seems like it ought to work better. Yes, it lets my wife talk on the CB, but she has virtually no control over her headset volume. Honda messed this one up, and I feel ripped off. It's as simple as that. If I were to do it again, I'd spend some time hunting around for alternatives.

In fact, I think I'll go post this on the product review site. (Sorry, Hal!)

John in Vegas.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
The J&M work good. Note that the volume control only lets you lower the volume. Depending on where it is too loud you need to mount it front or back.

Get it here:
http://www.sierra-mc.com/index.php?cookiecheck=true&

·
Registered
58 Posts
I got one off eBay a while back from a guy named Harold. Apparently he manufactures his own. as I remember he is in the northwest. about 100 bucks but this guy is really concerned with customer support and tests each unit before it goes out. I am pretty sure that I have the contact for him back home on my PC, as I am in Va for the week, if anyone is interested, ping me at [email protected] and I will get the contact for you.
bob

·
Registered
83 Posts
Got mine off eBay as well -- less than $100. Small black box with volume control and PTT switch that can be customed for intercom or CB transmit. Easy install, clear directions, and works great. Likely the same one Phramed got. Contact is [email protected]. Send me an email and I'll be happy to send you a pic of my installation.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Need volume controller

Looking for one and I understand Honda one is not good...but I can't find the J&M one anywhere. One guy said it was discontinued. Any Ideas?
Thanx
Bob

R

·
0 Posts
volume control

I just bought one in daytona from air rider for 25.00 and it works great.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Please don't confuse the John with an '02 Illusion Blue with John with an '03 Illusion Blue! :roll:

·
Registered
27 Posts
sjvanepps
Gee Sir If you were into bikes like you are into veral insults You would know that Air Rider is a COMPANY. and they make some good products.
Instead of writing so much go and get all of the info you need from thier Web Site.

I

·
0 Posts
Fred Christy said:
sjvanepps
Gee Sir If you were into bikes like you are into veral insults You would know that Air Rider is a COMPANY. and they make some good products.
Instead of writing so much go and get all of the info you need from thier Web Site.
Hi Fred:

I did not intend to insult anybody, and if you read my post you would have noted that I am a "newbie" into the GW world, as are many that read this board. The gentleman assumed that everyone knows who Air Rider is. WRONG! There are a ZILLION bike web sites and accessory suppliers. He could have at least included a link to their website, or a phone number, email address. or whatever. And if he had, we wouldn't be having this conversation!!!!!!!!! That was my point.

And my thanks to you guys who provided that info to Barry and others. Why didn't you do the same Fred?

And Fred, I don't have a clue how old you are, but I would bet I rode bikes before you were out of high school....in So Cal in the 50's. BSA 650. I just got back into to riding last year at the age of 66.

Mr. Slusser, if I offended you, I apologize.

Simmer down Fred. I am not intending to insult anyone...just hopefully trying to make things a little more sensible. Seems like there lots of thin skins. Sign of the times.

See ya

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sir,
I don't have to SIMMER Down as all I was doing is replying to what you started and NOWHERE does it say in you note that you are a NEWBIE.
And yes Sir you were riding when I was in School . But I started riding when I was 13 and I raced dirt bikes for 5 years and I never stopped RIDING. I have 3 Championship titles. I have owned almost every type of bike made. I am 54 and have 33000 on my 2002 ABS 1800. Of course I do have a Harley to ride and I race a Top/ Alcohol dragster.
I am sorry that you are in a BAD MOOD but I think you could have reply better than you did.
I didn't post the web site as it had already been done and everyone doesn't need to post it for you or do they. 8)

I

·
0 Posts
Fred Christy said:
Sir,
I don't have to SIMMER Down as all I was doing is replying to what you started and NOWHERE does it say in you note that you are a NEWBIE.
And yes Sir you were riding when I was in School . But I started riding when I was 13 and I raced dirt bikes for 5 years and I never stopped RIDING. I have 3 Championship titles. I have owned almost every type of bike made. I am 54 and have 33000 on my 2002 ABS 1800. Of course I do have a Harley to ride and I race a Top/ Alcohol dragster.
I am sorry that you are in a BAD MOOD but I think you could have reply better than you did.
I didn't post the web site as it had already been done and everyone doesn't need to post it for you or do they. 8)

Hi Fred:

I have pasted in the section of my original message below to Mr. Slusser where I clearly state I am a "newbie". Please go back and read the original message carefully. Note the last sentence in that paragraph.

Come on Guys! THINK!!!!!!! (and proofread) before you post!!! You were smart enough to get the finest touring motorcycle in the world. Now try to demonstrate it wasn't just dumb luck! Hundreds of people read this Board. Very few of us are mindreaders or members of "the all knowing" inner circle of Wing riders. Lots of us are newbies...like me!

You and I are fellow riders and racers. I raced boats for 15 years ( a National class Championship and a few State titles) and dabbled in snowmobile racing as well. Have done some auto drag racing also.

We are probably on the same page, but you seem to not be willing to accept my well intentioned and what I hope were constructive comments.

So be it. I wish you well with your dragster.

G

·
0 Posts
Come on Guys! THINK!!!!!!! (and proofread) before you post!!! You were smart enough to get the finest touring motorcycle in the world. Now try to demonstrate it wasn't just dumb luck! Hundreds of people read this Board. Very few of us are mindreaders or members of "the all knowing" inner circle of Wing riders. Lots of us are newbies...like me!
You might notice that most of our posts are brief and to the point...
as a "newbie", you'd have done better to ask a short question, rather
than pump out a rant.

"Any contact info for air rider?" would have been appropriate.

Thinly veiled sarcasm and back-door insults will NOT win you many friends here.

·
Registered
839 Posts
NEWBE

I Don't even have a Bike yet and I got my Helmet from AirRider after trying one on down at the shop.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts