GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed awhile back the Show Chrome (Big Bike) armrests that attach under the passenger handgrips. They are real sturdy as armrests go. I had previously installed the Hondaline passenger volume control under the right speaker unit. With the current design of the armrests you had to remove the volume control unit as per their instructions and move it to the left speaker unit.
I never could figure how they were supposed to mount without interfering with the armrests. I gave up and temporarily mounted them using the now bent stock volume control bracket to the handgrip mount using the front Allen screw.
I’m not happy with this mount. Has anyone come up with a better solution to this installation? Any help or pic’s would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Simply throw the Honda controller in the trash where it belongs and use a real Volume Controller from J&M if you can find one in old stock.

We pitched our Honda (Non)Controller many moons ago and the wife is very happy with the J&M unit. Some of the On-Line dealers may still have a few in stock.

Jerry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts