GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from Australia, ok im really thinking of ordering my new vstream SE, but because there seems to be a lot of different opinions on the board I was wondering if you let me know if you have issues with 1/ fitting it 2/ moving it up and down and also if you would be able to send some picture looking front on and also from the side of the bike, that would be great, the screen will cost me over $500 US by the time it is shipped to me so any help making up my mind would be very much appreciated,
thanks so much Robert :thumbup: for pictures My home email is [email protected]

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Honestly, IMHO and I've had many wind shields, you cannot beat the Tulsa Tall! I think the vstream looks wierd on the GW.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Honestly, IMHO and I've had many wind shields, you cannot beat the Tulsa Tall! I think the vstream looks wierd on the GW.
Thats one opinion. Mine is very differient. I love the look and function of the v stream. I would'nt ride a bike with one of those huge tall ugly windshields on it. If I wanted that much windshield in front of me I would take the truck. Just my opinion. V Stream is a great shield.
Kurt :thumbup:

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
Is the V-stream SE the same height as the OEM?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Thats one opinion. Mine is very different. I love the look and function of the v stream. I wouldn't ride a bike with one of those huge tall ugly windshields on it. If I wanted that much windshield in front of me I would take the truck. Just my opinion. V Stream is a great shield.
Kurt :thumbup:
:agree:I have the V Stream SE for a little over a year now. Had the tall Tulsa. No comparison. V Stream all the way. Sheds water better and doesn't scratch like the Tulsa did.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Another vote for V-Stream. I have not tried any other aftermarket shield, but so far I love my V-Stream.

Joe in Modesto

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
VStream Standard here. Tried 3 other shield brands over the last 5-6 years, but not the SE. I'm real happy with the standard.

P

·
0 Posts
Did not like mine and returned it for full refund. For the cost of this windshield, everything should be correct

Reasons:
1. Poor installation instructions.
2. Could not raise / lower the windshield

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi from Australia, ok im really thinking of ordering my new vstream SE, but because there seems to be a lot of different opinions on the board I was wondering if you let me know if you have issues with 1/ fitting it 2/ moving it up and down and also if you would be able to send some picture looking front on and also from the side of the bike, that would be great, the screen will cost me over $500 US by the time it is shipped to me so any help making up my mind would be very much appreciated,
thanks so much Robert :thumbup: for pictures My home email is [email protected]

Second year with my V-Stream SE and i love it. Tried the windbender HP and ST then the reg Vstream, now the SE. The reg Vstream cracked and rma'd it for the SE. It installs as easy as any other shield, just make sure you put the thick foam pads in the right place and it will go up and down just fine after it breaks in a little. keeping the vent open 1 click seems to work best. I think it was worth the price, but I live in the US

One other thing about the V-Stream and SE the vent is higher than it is on the oem, so when you open it all the way the air from the vent will be higher.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts