GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a Goldwing forum but does anyone have a VTX 1300. I am not a member of the VTX forum. My brother has a 1300 and needs a front tire and I was wondering what other people were running. Thanks

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I had a VTX 1300 and went with the Metzeler ME880s. They had about 6,000 or more miles on them when I traded the bike off and had at least half the tread left. I'd go with them again in a second.

I have an EIII front tire and a stock Dunlop on the rear of my Wing. I got a good deal on the new rear wheel with tire, and couldn't resist the price, so I went with Dunlops this time, but I wouldn't hesitate to put Metzelers on next time I need tires.

2W

·
Registered
315 Posts
I had a VTX 1300 I hated Dunlops had two sets (one set white walls). Metzeler ME880s are the way to go you will love the ride.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Hated the stock ddunnies as well. Or replacement I went with the Avon's (at the time they were Venom's) which completely changed the bike (in a good way). I got about 14k out of the rear (which needs replaced right now). Front still has a few miles left (but not many).

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have the stock Dunlops. For me it rides just like it should. But i only ride a couple hundred miles from home any longer i hop on the trike.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
My wife has a VTX 1300 R and we put metzlers on both front and rear. They are doing fine.

·
Registered
277 Posts
If he has an R/S model you also have the option of Double Darksiding the front with an Avon RoadRider rear tire.
The Metz is a great tire too. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
You cant go wrong with the the Metzlers on a VTX 1300. I have been through 3 sets of them on 2 different VTX 1300's and would never go back to the Dunlops.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
I had the Metzelers on my 1300S model and they did very well all around, rain, grooved pavement, etc. Beats Dunflops hands down!! IMHO, YMMV

·
Registered
556 Posts
when i had my VTX1300, I always used Avon Venoms

·
Registered
806 Posts
when i had my VTX1300, I always used Avon Venoms
I didn't know there was anything "wrong" with the dunnies until I got the Avon Venoms. They changed how I rode completely (especially in construction zones).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts